I don't know what else to eat, I had some news from my doc!

I got my results back from Immuno Labs on my food sensitivities. My doctor had me tested and we went over the results.

Can anyone offer guidance based on my results? Thanks

I feel like I need some guidance. I had some blood work done recently and found I have sensitivities to a lot of foods. The main ones that are really tough for me are:

Yeast (Bakers and Brewers)

Wheat

Barley

Tomato

Garlic

Pinto beans

Kidney beans

mustard

They are also testing my blood against other beans so I might have reactions to other beans, GREAT!

Stir fries and bean dishes are huge with me.

I literally am running out of things to eat. I typically eat 3-4,000 calories a day. So now I am having buckwehat pancakes and a few cups of oatmeal at breakfast just to get as many calories in me as possible.

Some of these things are almost impossible to avoid. Yeast? I have been trying to make tofu/veggie stir fry but realized that my gluten free soy sause may have yeast in it even though it does not say anything on the bottle about yeast! I use a gluten free soy sause from Whole Foods but it contain alcohol so it probably has yeast.

No more stir fry.

I am also told by my doc to eat like NO fat because they found a parasite in my blood that creates biofilms that apparently clear up on a low to no fat diet.

Edited by boardn10

my cousin found out about a yeast intolerance a few years ago and I was really surprised by how many things had yeast in them, things you would never thing would have yeast.

can you have soy?

I believe Bragg Liquid Aminos is yeast-free, you could use that instead of soy sauce.

Sorry I'm not more of a help.

my cousin found out about a yeast intolerance a few years ago and I was really surprised by how many things had yeast in them, things you would never thing would have yeast.

can you have soy?

I believe Bragg Liquid Aminos is yeast-free, you could use that instead of soy sauce.

Sorry I'm not more of a help.

Bragg Liquid Aminos ??? Wow, thank you! No yeast! This will give me my stir fry back! Yes, I can have soy!

Where to buy the Bragg Liquid Aminos? Whole Foods? I will call around to some health food stores. I know I have seen it somewhere before.

You could try lentils of various types, quinoa, rye, corn (maize, corn on the cob), rice, nuts and seeds (although they have quite a bit of fat), sorghum, all the greens, root vegetables.

What about peas? Too close to beans?

Have you tried spelt wheat? I think I read somewhere that it doesn't affect some people who have sensitivities to wheat.

Do you like curries?

I don't think you can avoid fat altogether. If you could, it would have other health implications.

Spelt contains a small amount of gluten, so it really just depends on how sensitive or allergic you are to these things. I know a few people with sensitivities to various foods, but they can still have them once in a while.

If you do a lot of baking, you can use brown or white rice flour, buckwheat (which you already mentioned), tapioca flour, sorghum flour, amaranth flour, they even make flours out of quinoa, soy, and chickpeas (garbanzo beans). That will depend on what you find out about your bean sensitivities, though.

I'm still experimenting with gluten free baking myself, but it seems like most of the time you can pick two different flours like rice flour and sorghum flour and use half of each to equal the total amount of flour called for, then add a small amount of xantham gum and arrowroot starch to your baked goods, and it should come out sort of all right. I'm still struggling to come up with some good recipes, though, but usually the texture is just slightly different. And the flavor is fine except if you use chickpea flour, haha! Also, yeast does not work at all in gluten free baked goods, so if you can find some good gluten free recipes, they'll also be yeast free.

They also make pre-packaged gluten free noodles and breads, some are gross, some are great. I get really bummed out hearing about your health issues, and I hope some of this info helps a little bit!

Sounds like great incentive to re-vamp your diet and experiment with new things.

Baking gluten free is pretty easy using almond flour. Some of the other gluten free flours are nasty tasting.

You can find Bragg's in any grocery that has a health food section.

Cultured foods would probably be really good for you. There is Bubbie's Sauerkraut and Rejuvenative foods cultured veggies.

You might find Garbanzo beans are okay, they seem to be different than the rest. And you may need to use protein powders to boost your calories for awhile.

Doctors reading blood work and deciding you can't eat pinto beans?

Sounds really dodgy to me. I'd be tempted to ignore it.

And I don't want to talk to a scientist, yall mothafuckers lyin', and getting me pissed!

Edited by chrisjs

I can't get the youtube tag to work in this case.

Weird, copying and pasting it on my phone didn't work, but does from the computer. The phone must be copying a nonprintable character or something that breaks the parser.

Edited by chrisjs