Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: MoshxDeLaney's lifting log
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 am 
Rabbit

And their was me thinking that is the biggest vegan mofo i've ever seen :D

Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 pm 
Manatee

Haha perhaps one day, but as of now that dude has about 55 pounds on me and is arguably the best deadlifter in the world, pulling close to double what I do

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:28 pm 
Manatee

4/5/2011
standing military press - (20kgx5, 40x5, 45x5, 50x5), 62x5, 70x3, 78x3
wide grip pull up - BWx13, 9, 7, 5, 5
dip - BWx20, 18, 15, 10, 8
neck curl - 15kgx12, 12, 9

Followed this up with some light shoulder rehab work, just to keep everything in check. Then I went home and did 4 sets of 14 tire flips superset with 20 sledge hammer hits. I'm going to try to pick up the cardio a little bit every week

Body weight: 232

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 pm 
Rabbit

MoshxDeLaney wrote:
Haha perhaps one day, but as of now that dude has about 55 pounds on me and is arguably the best deadlifter in the world, pulling close to double what I do

who is the big fella then? what's his dead?

Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:31 pm 
Manatee

johnboy74 wrote:
MoshxDeLaney wrote:

who is the big fella then? what's his dead?

His name is Konstantin Konstantinovs (it really doesn't get much more badass). His best competition deadlift is 430 kg (about 948 lbs). He's also done 420 kg in competition completely raw, no belt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:40 pm 
Manatee

4/6/2011
deadlift - (70kgx5, 100x3, 120x3), 150x5, 170x3, 190x3
glute ham raise - BWx7, 5, 3, 4, 3
barbell lunge - 60kgx10, 10, 8
hanging leg raise - BWx12, 12, 12, 8, 6

BW: 233
Notes: I don't know what was wrong with me today, I just wasn't hitting the reps I normally do. Energy levels were normal, muscles weren't particularly sore. I think maybe I'm just overtrained. Next week I'm just going to text my maxes, which I haven't done once since I started lifting again, and do some very light accessory work. Also, something I meant to note on my deadlift workout last week; I normally pull with a mixed grip, but last week decided to try double overhand, which felt really weird, and my grip started to go before my muscles, otherwise I probably could've hit two more reps. I'm still being cautious with my lower back when I deadlift, not going to absolute failure like I normally would. The week before I strained my sacroiliac four months ago I pulled 190kg for 7 reps, so hopefully I will be back to that level soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 am 
Rabbit

deadlift 190kg/7reps

Apologies Bud, didn't realise you we're a vegan beast!!! that's some impressive lifting!
I presumed you being american weights we're in lbs!

barbell curl - 95x6, 6, 5 -- thats some strong barbell curls! you always do heavy and low reps on these?

Gonna keep an eye on your log for tips :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:33 am 
Manatee

Haha thanks man. I work out in an olympic lifting gym so all standing lifts on the platform with bumper plates. As for the barbell curls, that was honestly the first tome I've done them in at least six months. I used to do them for slightly higher reps but I think with my goals right now it makes more sense to keep the reps lower and weight heavier.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:14 am 
Elephant

Some serious lifting man!

Konstantinovs is my favorite deadlifter!

You wearing a belt on squats/deads?

Keep up the good work, will be keeping an eye in here.

(ps. are you on veganfitness.net ? if not register and get your maxes on the strength table)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:06 pm 
Manatee

chewybaws wrote:
Some serious lifting man!

Konstantinovs is my favorite deadlifter!

You wearing a belt on squats/deads?

Keep up the good work, will be keeping an eye in here.

(ps. are you on veganfitness.net ? if not register and get your maxes on the strength table)

Thanks chewy! Same to you man. I see you've made some awesome progress since you started. Konstantinovs is amazing, superhuman. Although I don't know if you saw, Benedikt Magnusson just pulled 1015 wearing only a belt. If you haven't seen it I recommend you go here http://youtu.be/q4jO21-a2W0 right now.
I've been wearing a belt only on my final set recently just as a precaution, because with my recent back injury from which I'm still recovering I don't want to take any chances.
I'm not on veganfitness.net but I'll go check it out after I do this. Thanks for the support man!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:14 pm 
Manatee

4/8/2011
bench press - (45x5, 95x6, 135x5, 155x3), 200x5, 225x3, 250x6
incline dumbbell press - 65x5x10
dumbbell row - 90x10, 10, 10, 9, 7 (per arm)
neck harness/dumbbell shrug superset - (15x8/75x8, 25x8/85x8), 35x18/100x15, 12/12, 9/10

Did my rotator cuff work afterwards, no cardio today. It was cold and rainy all day and I felt like I had a good workout, so I left it at that.

BW:234
Notes: I feel as if I've finally gotten my form down really well for the bench. I stayed nice and tight through the set and hit the number of reps I was hoping for. With the neck/shrug superset I did the reps slow and deliberate, just trying to get a good contraction on each rep. I'm sore literally from the top of my neck to the bottom of my calves right now, so I think this week has been a success so far. Now I just have to squat tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:17 pm 
Manatee

4/9/2011
squat - (20kgx8, 50x5, 70x3, 100x3), 115x5, 130x3, 150x4
good morning - (20kgx8, 40x8), 70x9, 9, 8, 8, 7
standing cable crunch - 120x5x12
s/s
wide grip pull up - BWx5x6
barbell curl - (20kgx8, 30x6), 45x6, 6, 5

Decided to do some box jumps for a quick cardio/explosive lower body workout. Usually I'll jump, jump back down, reset my feet, repeat, but this week I just decided to go rapid fire. Jump, jump down, repeat. Much better cardio work. I did 5 sets of 8 onto a 32.5" box. After this I did 5 sets of 20 reverse hypers to help keep my lower back in check.

BW: 235
Notes: According to the formula Wendler gives in the 5/3/1 book (which I know is not entirely accurate, but has been pretty useful), this puts my squat max at 170kg. Next week I'm going to max out on my major lifts, except probably deadlifts, as my back is still not 100%.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:14 pm 
Manatee

This week I'm just testing my maxes on my four major lifts (squat, bench, deadlift, military press) and doing some light accessory work just to pump some blood into the muscles. I haven't tried a true one rep max on anything since I began lifting again last year, so I felt like it was time to see where I stand.

4/12/2011
standing military press - 20kgx5, 40x3, 50x1, 60x1, 70x1, 80x1, missed 85 3 times
dip/wide grip pull up superset - BWx8/BWx5 for 3 supersets
tri-set:
dumbbell side lateral - 15lbx10, 10x10, 10x10
dumbbell rear lateral - 15lbx10, 10x10, 10x10
neck curl - 10kgx8, 10x8, 10x8

BW:234
Notes: Last week I hit 78kgx3 on my military press, so I was hoping for at least 85 for a single, but it just didn't happen. Everything just felt off today. I had an insane day at work and was really worn out from that, so perhaps that had something to do with it. 80 went up pretty smooth, so I know I'm good for more. On my first attempt at 85 I got it to about the top of my head but just couldn't lock it out. The next two attempts I barely moved it at the bottom, so I knew I was done. But at least now I have a jump off point for the future. Tomorrow is deadlift day. I'm still not sure if I'll actually go for a true one rep max with my lower back not being 100%. I will see how warming up feels tomorrow. I need to decide if I want to continue with 5/3/1 after this week. I've been contemplating giving Westside a try, but I don't know if I'm ready for that just yet. I also want to give my joints a bit of a break and start leaning out for the summer as well. Not that aesthetics are my main concern right now. I might give Olympic lifting a try. I have very minimal experience with it but I really like it and I work out in an Olympic lifting gym, so this is feeling like a good option right now. I'll keep the few of you who read this updated on my decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 am 
Rabbit

You got any in progress pics big fella?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 am 
Manatee

johnboy74 wrote:
You got any in progress pics big fella?

I'll have to take some

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next