Favorite Recipe Sites

beforewisdom

I have so many cookbooks collecting dust on my shelf. I get excited, I buy one, make one recipe and forget about the book until a year later. Someday I would like to make every single recipe out of one cookbook. I think I may start off easy with one of the free recipe guides AR orgs give out .

Right now what I'm doing is going through each cookbook, writing down the name of each recipe I would like to try, along with which cookbook it is in and page number and main ingredients. I'm putting it all into a spreadsheet and that way when I have an ingredient I want to use, I can do a search and it will show me which recipes use that ingredient. It's taking me awhile to do, but I think it will be worth it (for me anyway).

Also, just to add, for online recipes I just started using EverNote. You can copy and paste recipes from the web in there and then synch it up with your phone and stuff. I like it because it copies it to EverNote's servers so if the web page with the recipe goes away, you still have the recipe.

(you can use EverNote to do a lot more than that, but this is my primary use so far)

• 1 month later...

www.nourishingmeals.com (mostly vegan, heaps of gluten free, healthy family friendly recipes. love it so much I want to buy their book)

www.dietdessertndogs.com

www.affairsofliving.com (this one isn't all vegan but there is heaps of vegan stuff)

chefinyou.com (yummy international - mostly indian food. Some vegetarian, some vegan.)

www.101cookbooks.com (again not all vegan but the recipe index is arranged by categories so you can easily access the vegan recipes)

sometimes veganfeastkitchen.blogspot.com

Most of these are gluten-sensitive in addition to being vegan friendly. I also like fat free vegan as mentioned above

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh She Glows: http://ohsheglows.com/recipes/

Honestly I haven't tried any of her recipes yet tho ... I'm still collecting new and interesting ingredients that I never knew existed.. like kale and nutritional yeast and steel cut oats etc.

Her website was definitely inspirational on my decision to go Vegan. Her vegan cooking looks amazing... I wish she would invite me over to taste test with her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...