Back on (the) board! Starting fat-burning! Help?

So I'm trying to get back on this board more regularly. Spent the last few very stressful months moving from Cincinnati to Minneapolis. I've been making some great gains in the past 6 months and now that my life is in order I think it's finally time to lean-out now that I have the time, money, and ability to concentrate on something like that. FINALLY get rid of my beer, pizza and twinkies gut of my youth.

So for someone like me (190lb-ish endomorph) I calculated a caloric intake (at a 500 cal/day deficit) at about 2350 cal, 65 fat, 205 carbs, and 235 pro at 25%, 35%, and 40% of my caloric totals, respectively. So I guess my questions are: Has anyone else had any success following a fat-burning program like this? My current workout set is three days lifting (rotating muscle groups), one day cardio, three days lifting, one day cardio, rest, repeat. Should I continue that? Should I jack up my cardio instead of lifting or simply incorporate it into my daily workout routine? If so, circuits? Distance? Steady pace? Time? I've been getting a lot of conflicting information on the subject so any help/questions/comments/concerns would be much appreciated.

The brutality starts May 1st and will last 12 weeks.

I'm not one to consult on diet, but your workout set sounds good as long as your muscle groups are getting enough rest, which could be hard with 3 lifting days in a row. As far as the brutality starting May 1st, awesome! As far as it lasting 12 weeks, why not just keep it up forever? The way I lost 40 lbs and kept it off was by picking up a workout plan and staying consistent. I think you'll have much more long-term success if you pick a plan that will be your routine for years to come! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Day seven: down five pounds. Suck it weight-cutting. "This" guy = winning. Maybe water weight but the mirror says different.

Tebriel: Thanks for the comments, but I think you misunderstand me a little. I have no intention of just giving up on heath and fitness once this is done. To the contrary, I can't wait to get back on my (much healthier, in my opinion) maintenance diet/routine. But this is just a temporary deviation from that to work on something that has been bugging the hell out of me for literally as long as I can remember. I mean, what's the point of doing what we do if we can't enjoy the fruits of our labor at least a little bit? But you are 100% correct, the mentality of "sticking to a diet plan for a few months and then switching back to the shitty one once I'm done" has been the downfall of a number of people I know.