Who takes Vega?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

nicsss
Finch

Re: Who takes Vega?

#346 Postby nicsss » Tue May 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Hey everyone, first post!

Just wondering if I can get Vega products down here in Australia, if not which sites are best for shipping to Aus?

Thanks
Nic

robert
Site Admin

#347 Postby robert » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi!

Check with www.veganproteins.com - veganproteins@yahoo.com or

Vegan Essentials - questions@veganessentials.com

Both ship all over the world.

All the best!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

sxcT
Finch

#348 Postby sxcT » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 am

Just joined!! First post.

I've been looking into Vega the past few days and I plan on giving it a try. I love how its plant-based and has so many great benefits. I plan on reading thru this thread and many others. Can't wait to give this a try.

Belle.le.disko
Rabbit

#349 Postby Belle.le.disko » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:37 am

I have been using the VEGA Complete powders in my smoothies for about a year now. I haven't tried the bars, the Performance Optimizer, the Recovery Accelerator, the oil, etc. What do you guys recommend? And, what flavors?
xoxo
The only job where you start at the top, is digging a hole.
- Anonymous

AlphaDen
Finch

#350 Postby AlphaDen » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:25 am

Okay,

Newbie Vegan Bodybuilder here. What is the difference between Vega Protein Powder & Vega SPORT Protein Powder. I know a large tub of Vega only has 15svgs in it and cost $75 at my local Whole Foods. A tub of Vega SPORT has 30svgs in it and cost $10 less.

Any help is appreciated,
Den

awaken375
Manatee

#351 Postby awaken375 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:06 am

AlphaDen wrote:Newbie Vegan Bodybuilder here. What is the difference between Vega Protein Powder & Vega SPORT Protein Powder. I know a large tub of Vega only has 15svgs in it and cost $75 at my local Whole Foods. A tub of Vega SPORT has 30svgs in it and cost $10 less.

Vega sport is an actual protein powder.

the other Vega tub is a whole food meal replacement, recently renamed to a health optimizer. it's an ideal breakfast with almond hemp or soymilk. add a banana and make a smoothie with it, and you'll be full for hours..
it contains a full multivitamin, berry complex, serving of chlorella and maca, and is basically everything your body needs in a low calorie package.

the vega sport protein is the same amount protein but a different formula specifically for recovery, like any other protein powder.

I've been eating the Vega Health Optimizer for years every day as a breakfast. It fills you up instantly and even if you don't get around to eating lunch for a while longer than usual you won't feel bad. for $5 a serving it's awesome.
facebook.com/awaken375

vegansludge
Manatee

#352 Postby vegansludge » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:57 am

Belle.le.disko wrote:I have been using the VEGA Complete powders in my smoothies for about a year now. I haven't tried the bars, the Performance Optimizer, the Recovery Accelerator, the oil, etc. What do you guys recommend? And, what flavors?
xoxo

The Performance Optimizer is the only pre-work out supplement I've ever tried that I've felt actually gave me an edge when lifting. I have yet to try the recovery accelerator and haven't found a place around me that carries the bars to try them out, though.
"When in doubt, squat and run hills." - Jim Wendler

IRON MNTN // LOG

ReneeMBM
Rabbit

Who takes Vega?

#353 Postby ReneeMBM » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:41 am

nicsss wrote:Hey everyone, first post!

Just wondering if I can get Vega products down here in Australia, if not which sites are best for shipping to Aus?

Thanks
Nic

Hemp isn't classified as a human-safe food in Australia, so you run the risk of customs swiping your goods on entry to the country... This has never happened to me thus far. I've had plenty of Vega samples arrive safely, and a few other miscellaneous hemp-containing foods. There is some pro-hemp lobbying going on at the moment, though. Google the petitions and sign 'em!

Thulpa
Rabbit

#354 Postby Thulpa » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Vega is actually what helped me find this site. I was looking up ambassadors and found RC. I sent off an email telling him thanks for vegan and a bodybuilder, I did not think they could co-inside. RC found me on Facebook, and I have been a supporter ever since. I order from Vegan Proteins a lot, they are great people. I order 90%of my supplements from them.

MissCasanave
Finch

#355 Postby MissCasanave » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:47 am

I just bought some today from Vitamin Shoppe 50% off!!!!!!

billypruz
Rabbit

#356 Postby billypruz » Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 am

Vega is my favorite and I talk about it all day erry day on my blog:
http://billyprusinowski.blogspot.com/20 ... tials.html

veggieprincess
Elephant

#357 Postby veggieprincess » Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Gotta admit, I'm kind of in love with these now...

http://vegasport.com/recover/performance-protein

The packets are a lifesaver when I'm in a hurry. AND... I've always had a problem with the price of Vega (even though I know they are very high quality ingredients... blah, blah, blah :D )

BUT.. having said that, I now find the price a tad justifiable for this product because...

1) I don't have to buy Glutamine anymore if I'm supplementing with these. Since 2 servings daily utilizes 10 grams of glutamine (which is what i aim for), I'm getting it all in one

2) The convenience of those little packages when I'm in a hurry is a lifesaver. I just keep several in my glove box so I can have it as my protein in a pinch.

3) Mixes SO SO easily with water.

4) They have improved the taste of Vega protein tremendously. Can't speak for the other varieties but the performance protein Berry flavor tastes really good; much better than I remember it tasting.

So I am going to be supplementing with this regularly now... Great product!!!!!!
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saulo
Manatee

#358 Postby Saulo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 am

I've heard about cyclists drinking/taking something every hour during a multi stage ride. Does vega make something like that?

BugsB
Finch

#359 Postby BugsB » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 am

Saulo wrote:I've heard about cyclists drinking/taking something every hour during a multi stage ride. Does vega make something like that?

This might be what you've heard about: http://vegasport.com/sustain/endurance-gel

I've never used the gel but I do use their Electrolyte Hydrator when I do extensive cycling or running.

beforewisdom
Stegosaurus

#360 Postby beforewisdom » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:25 am

I don't use Vega myself ( I don't need it ), but I see it everywhere these days. It looks like it is a big success.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”