Staying fit with pregnancy number 4 ~ Kat's fitness journal

Hi, I just popped out my third and final baby. I have been cleared my docs to workout 7 weeks ago. I am 13 weeks postpartum. I have been focusing mainly on losing the weight and its pretty much lost so I can now work on my other fitness goals. I enjoying boxing and yoga most and I would like to actually fight someday.

Even though I have been going strong, eating well and working out I am going to make today my day one. Today is the day where I exercise the self discipline I know I have. I am committing to my health. I have to weed out some negative "friends". Never a fun time. I have to admit my weaknesses so I can be held accountable. I like wine. There will be no more wine.

Id like to start with a 90 day challenge to myself. I have a boxing training plan that I will follow and I would like to make sure yoga is part of my daily life, even if its only 10 minutes.

My starting weight and measurements:

Height: 5'3"

weight: 132lbs

Chest: 29"

arms: 10" (at ease)

Bust" 36"

waist: 24 1/2"

belly button: 26 1/2"

hips:33"

thighs 17 1/2"

13pp2.jpg.915122b1916fbf0f634eb4085b2efc1a.jpg

13weekspostpartum.thumb.jpg.bd5c2c19132ae8758965d184f446394d.jpg

Edited by Mrs.Hassett06

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah so today is a REST day and it has really been anything but. Seriously my rest days are way more exhausting then work out days because its the day I handle EVERYTHING. I got 400$ worth of groceries, paid the bills, cleaned, and did every other miscellaneous thing on my list. I want to study but I cant until I relax for a few minutes. I just put my kids down for naps and I am SO happy.

Tomorrow I have a 2 mile run and pilates in the AM and boxing in the PM.

Today I am having a bad day. The problem with being postpartum is that sometimes depression and anxiety come with it. I know that following through with my workouts and clean eating will really help in the end so I WILL do it. I am just struggling intensely right now. I WILL get up and I WILL work out. Even if I cry through the whole damn thing.

I got some unhappy blood work results from my doc. I need to reduce my stress NOW. No pressure. Yesterday was really hard something else was wrong too but they cant be sure until more testing. Anyway I didnt get my workout in. I feel like crap. I need to do it today, if I dont it will just cause more stress. I started a 10 day raw detox last night so today is day one. I will post back with how my workout went today.

We went camping this weekend and I did GREAT. My food was spot on, we did a lot of hiking (with my newbie in a babyhawk its like wearing a weighted vest) and I even practiced yoga at night! My food was 95% raw, I am feeling SO much more relaxed.

Today we got home and I had to do all of my mommy/wife stuff first but I did 30 minutes of INTENSE (I mean hardcore) intervals on the bike and than an hour of pilates. I feel SOOOOOOO good I am going to get my yoga in later after the kids are in bed. Here are a few pics from our camping trip.

yurt18.jpg.073991095b5a28f74096271570d142c5.jpg

yurt16.jpg.255f52c327c4cad0522f90448fe3a1ae.jpg

yurt89.jpg.f6f85713ffafcc67ad9b05364c5fc072.jpg

Thank you!

Today was a great day. My hubby, Mike, got up early with me and we did Rodney Yee's "yoga for strength and flexibility" dvd together. What a wonderful dvd. I felt amazing when we were done. I also did 30 minutes of HIIT on the bike.

My eating has been clean and good all day and I am feeling strong.

Hubby usually doesnt work out and he usually hates yoga because he isnt very flexible and it discourages him but now he loves it! I am thrilled He was a show off today with his strength, I am really happy he is making the choice to work out with me now. He had surgery in April and he gained a few pounds and he is sad (I totally understand, just having a baby and all) but he is making the change!!!

awesome.jpg.812c23395480c1149ccdbcf1bc97de1d.jpg

Whoo! Got up feeling great did the Rodney Yee yoga dvd and I LOVE it. I feel so much stronger especially in my upper body. I also did 25 min HIIT. So far I have eaten well and had plently of water. Its going to be another great day. I wanted to run today but we are having thunderstorms and Im not going outside with lightning. Nope. I feel and look leaner. Saturday I am going to take my measurements and new pics

I love your Mei Tai, is that a BabyHawk? I can't tell if it's reversible or if you have two different MTs. Either way I love seeing mamas carrying their babies so close

Thanks!! It is a babyhawk!!!! Best thing I ever bought. We have two, one for Mike my husband and I have one that is reversible. Its got hula girls on one side and just a neat pattern on the other. I recommend them to anyone with a baby or toddler. My son will be 3 tomorrow and we still use it with him when we hike

So today is my son's 3rd birthday and my rest day! Whoo glad they synched up. We went out to lunch and I had a HUGE salad with oil and vinegar, 3 huge pieces of brucshetta (made sure it was vegan) and I even..... dun dun dun had a glass of red wine. I feel like a total slug but my diet is sooooo clean usually so I can understand. I am not going to beat myself up over it. I had a healthy breakfast and I will have a healthy dinner so whatev.

So last year my step brother was in a very bad car accident that left him on a ventilaltor with no chance of recovery. They waited a year and on Friday he was taken off and his organs donated. I did not get a workout in all weekend. I ate pretty poorly as well (I really didnt eat enough to be honest).

I am not feeling better really at all today BUT I am forcing myself to eat well and I am going to work out later because it will help the stress.

So far today Ive just had tons of raw fruits and veggies.

Later I plan on boxing and HIIT

I'm sorry for your loss. It must have been very hard. The only good thing is that his organs will help other people live, so his tragedy will be turned into hope for many people. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you, I really agree with you about organ donation. Some people out there got life changing/saving news on Friday morning and that is amazing.

I feel like crap today! I think its all in my head though. I got up and Mike and I did 20 minutes of yoga and I just got back from running 2.5 miles. Its humid and nasty out but I really love running, what a nice therapy session LOL. I ate well yesterday and I am doing good so far today.

Haha crap I just realized I wanted to do progess pics this past saturday..... well I didnt but I WILL do them this saturday. Its beautiful outside today. I ran 3 miles in about 24 minutes, 30 minutes of pilates and 25 minutes of yoga.

I made these awesome little chickpea patties for lunch. I LOVE cooking its becoming very relaxing.

Uck so maybe I am not up to posting pics. Shame on me. Today was a good day. I tired the vega sport preworkout drink and it was good. I am sensitive to a breeze and I felt fine It even helped my run, I def had more energy throughout the day. I ran 2.5 miles, played soccor with my kids and hubby and practices an hour of power yoga. My arms are killing me.

Now I am making some healthy baked beans for the weekend for the holiday If they turn out good I will share the recipe.

Awesome job, you are working hard and making fantastic progress! Love to see people being super-active soon after having a child. It sets a great precedent and you are being an awesome role model for your kids! Keep it up and you will be photo ready in no time!

Thank you Derek My kids like to "workout" with me. I am happy they will grow up knowing a healthy lifestyle from day one.

I just dont like the pics I took, the other ones are ok (the ones I posted) but these eh...

Anyway this weekend wasnt bad. We ate really well. No drinking, early to bed.... Im thrilled. Today was fantastic. We woke up and did an hour of power yoga, had breakfast and went to the track. I did 25 minutes of HIIT and hubby ran after I did. He had surgery in April and he is getting back into everything slowly. I feel really good. I registered for a marathon in October. It benefits the rail trail in the lehigh valley. I got my running plan and I am pretty excited. I LOVE running in the fall, the run followsthe susquhanna river.... its going to be beautiful.

I kind of want to run a 5k this weekend, it is at 6:30 pm and benefits a local fire company. I just want to run for fun. We will see what the weather has in store.

Yesterday was my rest day, I went grocery shopping and then I actually rested (well as much as possible with the kids). I went to bed early and today was fantastic. I woke up and had the vega sport preworkout drink. I really really like it. I mixed it up today, I have been doing tons of yoga so today I felt like lifting and I did! I am thrilled because the yoga has helped me so much I had to use heavier weights!!! YEA!

3 sets 12 lateral raises

3 sets 12 bicep curls

3 sets 12 rows

3 sets 12 front raises

3 sets 12 tricep kickbacks

3 sets 12 overhead presses

Now I used 10lb weights which for me is great and I am feeling like I may need more because they really werent that tough. During pregnancy I was using 5lb weights so I am pleased

After that I did my runners abs routine and I added some extra pilates moves in because I like them.

80 crunches with legs flat

40 side stretch crunches

pilates 100

12 roll ups

2 sets 50 bicycle crunches

2 sets 20 supermans held for 10 sec ea

2 sets 12 bridges with leg ext

2 sets 20 swimmers

2 sets planks with leg lift 10x 5 sec ea

standing rib rotations

Then we packed up the family and went to the track (1/8th mile from our front door) and I ran 4 miles in 38 minutes, it was hot and humid but who cares I did it and I am happy with my time. I cant believe I am training for a marathon!!!

Mike played soccor with the kids while I ran and then when I was finished he ran 2 miles while the kids and I did yoga. I love that my 3 and 4 year old try so hard and enjoy themselves. I feel really good about being a mom on days like today. I am always disgusted by the "youre selfish if you workout after you have kids" people. YUCK.

After we got home I had a grain meat sausage and a cucumber and tomato salad. Water water water all day long, and I just had a green smoothie and some pistachios. Dinner is a mystery.