pic update 2011

RawveganPeruana

Here I began a bodybuilding routine with a trainer around the same time I began high raw and high fruit diet. I am about 3 months into bodybuilding.

I am 5'2'' and weight 110

I take in about 2,100 calories

about 40-60 grams protein

How could I add more muscle to my legs? How can I ahieve them to get bulky through muscle?

new8112.jpg.859f4052146c7c2e38f38133c0ccd514.jpg

8011.jpg.2ada499d8cdae54d8842feeb3c007e8a.jpg

highfruit12.jpg.c880764680780bd17594e7bf79848482.jpg

Good progress, but if you are bodybuilding then I would try and get some more protein if you can. 60g out of 2100 calories is only 11% of your calories from protein, while most bodybuilders are up past 20% or more. But personally I think you are making great progress anyway, so unless you are really focused on bodybuilding instead of just general health, I wouldn't change much!

Pazios:

My trainer knows I am mainly wanting to bulk up my legs. He is having me do squats and deadlifts. I am enjoying the routines and he switches it up every month. I am just looking for other people's advice on how to bulk up legs as there are different ways people have achived this. Just looking for more options for myself.

I should increase the protein a little more.

Thanks guys!:)

Leg Extension Machine: Do full range of motion, holding at the top of the movement for 2 seconds.

Goblet Squats + Weight: I absolutely love these.

Weighted Stepups: Do these onto a fairly high platform with weight added. I like to hold the weight like the goblet squat while I do them. Make sure to take atleast 1-2 seconds on the way up and 1-2 seconds on the way down.

Get a road bike and ride up some hillsand bridges.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome . Continue to train hard and consistently as you are making gains. You'll see more and more results over time doing why you do. Glad that you are eating a good amount of unprocessed whole foods. To add some more protein to your intake I'd recommend supplementing ad making a shake or two throughout the day. Sunwarrior is a good tasting Raw brown rice protein and of course there are tons of other options.

Great to have you here in the vbbf fam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Legs are hard to build up--I'd venture to say the hardest of all. This is because of memory; they have so, so much of it, as you have used them since, well, forever...

So basically in order to develop muscle, you have to really, really smash them. That's the truth of it, plain and simple.

cheers

luke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...