Vegetarian Diet

ghrey

Hey peeps, I really want to start bodybuilding but also start cutting my body-fat. I've been doing a ton of research, and I've been trying to get the right diet. I calculated my TDEE and reduced it my 10% for my daily diet. Keep in mind that I'm trying to build muscle AND lose fat. However, being on a vegetarian diet, I dont know how to get the right amount of protein and carbs in my meals. Everywhere I read, people keep saying that plant based protein is incomplete and not as digestible. So I'm in an utter state of confusion. My diet is below:

Meal 1: oatmeal with protein shake

Meal 2: lentils with some sauce

Meal 3: lentils with some sauce

Meal 4: whole wheat pasta with protein shake

Meal 5: mixed vegetables with protein shake

Meal 6: whole wheat pasta with protein shake

Can you guys tell me what's wrong with my diet? And if I go above my daily calories, should I reduce the carbs? I understand that lentils need to be combined with grain to make it a complete protein, so should I combine it with brown rice? I'm just really confused about the type of meals I need to be eating. Thanks again guys.

Holy crap that is a lot of protein. First off, cut out a protein shake or two. Secondly, add veggies. Third, don't worry about protein combining, it's a myth from the 1970's. There is a Wiki page all about it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_combining). Also, remember that variety is the spice of life! Beans, tofu, tempeh, wheat bread, fruits, etc., are all good things to add to your diet.

I need 144 grams of protein. Is there a difference in terms of the quality of protein in whey vs. plant vs. meat? And to clarify, all the claims I've been reading on other forums regarding lentil and quinoa protein to be incomplete is complete bs? I understand there are some amino acids missing in these sources. But its not that important?

Also, carbs are the extra stuff. So if I eat 1 cup of lentils: 18g protein, 40 carbs, 1g fat; then I can fill up the extra carbs with fruit or veggies? Because I need 70 carbs a meal since I'm just spreading it across 6 meals. Trying to count my calories as much as possible.