New Vegan losing too much weight

bradlywin

Well, after reading "the china study" I decided to give up all of my favorite foods for a life of true health, and gain New favorite foods... I have always been physically fit (used to be a crossfit junkie) and no matter how "in shape" I was, my internal health (cholesterol) has slowly gotten worse. Well, I am 5'10" and was around 190lbs when I became vegan only a little over a month ago. Not trying to lose weight, I am now 175lbs (what I walked around at when I was a boxer over 10 yrs ago). I feel great, but am tired of coworkers telling me I look "emaciated" because of how fast I have dropped weight. Is this okay or am I missing something in my diet? I am not trying to be a body builder (maybe I'm in the wrong forum) but I was attracted to this site because I still want to maintain a muscular build. Do vegans still take protein powder? I have been only eating natural veggies, fruits, grains, etc... not really paying much attention to calories and protein intake. Thanks for any advice, and I look forward to becoming part of this!

not really paying much attention to calories and protein intake.
If you're really having problems gaining/maintaining weight then start paying attention. There are good vegan protein powders out there if you want to go that route. The most popular are soy, pea, rice, and hemp, though there are others as well.

Thanks, I think where I'll start is paying attention and make sure I am getting enough calories. I would really like to not take any powder, and I guess I will have some peanut butter with breakfast!

Yeah just record your calorie counts for a few days and see if you are getting enough cals, protein, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmmmmm peaaanut butter

Whole foods diet is the wtg.

Protein pow is definitely an option.

this is a forum for vegans into a healthy minded lifestyle more than anything. .

Lots of food advice here already. Just wanted to say hello, welcome and that I'm so happy you're coming by to check out the forum. See ya around