How can I lose chest fat

I have been working out for a year now and can't get rid of my moobs.

I am 5'8 and weigh about 130 pounds

I work out Monday Wednesday and Friday.

My work out consists of

2 sets of bench press

1 set of dumbell flyes

2 sets of chin ups

2 sets of bent over rows

2 sets of shoulder press

2 sets of barbell curls

1 set of dumbell curls

2 sets of close grip bench

2 sets of extensions

5 sets of crunches

http://i53.tinypic.com/14jyfs0.jpg

Dude it doesn't look so bad, I wouldn't say you had moobs. However, it's the same no matter what body part you are trying to firm up - reduction of calories + more exercise = reduction of fat over time. Training that area with weights / resistance will increase muscle mass and definition - which will be visible when fat is reduced. But, I don't think you have so much fat anyway sir

Dude it doesn't look so bad, I wouldn't say you had moobs. However, it's the same no matter what body part you are trying to firm up - reduction of calories + more exercise = reduction of fat over time. Training that area with weights / resistance will increase muscle mass and definition - which will be visible when fat is reduced. But, I don't think you have so much fat anyway sir
+1

You don't have moobs, far from it.

Your chest flatter then the Salt lakes! I wish mine was that flat, but unfortunately mother nature and being raised on a diet of fatass caused me to grow up afraid of shirtless swimming. Just work out your chest from all angles and you should see major improvements!

I just took another pic. I might actually make this a progress thread and take some pics in a week or two.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2up4enc.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/rh4jmh.jpg

I just don't know what work out to do. Could the work out I listed before be over training? Should I try a simple work out like starting strength for a month and see how it goes?

My basic advice for workouts is that you should set a cap for reps, and once you reach that number, put the weight up. So if you put the cap at 10 reps, if you can do 10 or more, put more weight on, and never go back down. Of course, by putting the weight up, it will mean you will go down to maybe 6 reps, but you stay at that weight until you can do 10. Or whatever number you decide as a cap. I'd say 10-12 is a reasonable number, and allows room for increasing the weights and still being able to lift. If you put the cap too low, like 6 for instance, then if you try to raise the a weight, you might only be able to do 1 rep, and it's harder to increase from that number.

How much protein are you getting? Be sure to eat some protein directly after lifting.

Do you do that full workout each of your workout days?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Image was deleted... ?

Anyway: I do super-sets to reduce fat. Sweat like a ... sweating human being (didn't wanna say pig) for at least 3 - 5 hours after my training.

On the other hand: I don't think you should be worried about losing fat at this stage. The idea's the others had sound good. Max out the weights and keep a steady amount of reps. I normally do 8, but if I can squeeze out a 9th or 10th then I go for that. Sometimes, usually the 4rth set, I can hardly do 6.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well I really can't see much of a problem with manboobs in any of those images. I'm not just being nice. Really. I can't.

My immediate thought from looking at those pics was 'ok, you need to start lifting more weight'. By this, I mean reduce your reps, and go to lower reps at higher weight. You're actually quite lean. At this stage you should really be thinking about building mass, so supersetting/ powerlifting etc. Also, are you lifting until fail? I can't stress the importance of this enough. Lifting (without breaking form eg swinging etc) until fail is probably the single most important factor in training, IMO. Also are you interval training, or what? If not I'd look into this, I personally won't train any other way. Your set seems fine, but I'd ditch the crunches from it and if you must do crunches (over rated imo) then add these to your legs/lower body set. What really stands out for me is the lack of any real triceps excercises (are those triceps extensions you're doing?). Are you familiar with Skullcrushers? Fantastic tri excercise--they rock face, and they work. I prefer to do them with a bar and laying down personally (you need a spotter for this really).

• 2 weeks later...