Honey?

In the strictest sense, bees are animals, so no - honey is not vegan.

In reality, plenty of people who call themselves vegan are comfortable eating honey. Some people think this means they're not "real" vegans. One has to decide for themselves whether or not they feel honey is morally justifiable, just as they did with meat/dairy/eggs. I'd say being morally comfortable with what you eat is more important than labels like "does this make me an official vegan?"

I don't think foods that contain it should be labelled vegan, but I'm undecided if it's really something I think I should avoid.

I don't use it directly and don't buy grocery items that contain it, but when I'm out I'm not too concerned about it if it's inconvenient to avoid. I'm just not convinced it's really causing any harm, but at the same time I don't see the point of it and tend to err on the side of caution with regard to not using it.

After reading this article and this one I decided that buying commercial honey was not ideal, so packaged items with honey in them are out. If I ever meet a beekeeper who does not kill their bees, destroy queens, or trap them for winter I might consider honey - heck, maybe someday I'll "foster" some bees myself. But for now I don't want to support the exploitation of bees, especially because they're my favorite insects.