Almost vegan journey

Hallo, this is my first post!

My name is Roni, from Israel, age 28.

I've been training for a while now, but without any consistency and without any results either

I'm vegetarian and almost completely vegan (Still working on it...), it still happens that I eat (rarely) which include dietary or eggs in it when visiting a friend for example. So while writing this last sentence, i'm thinking why not becoming a full vegan as i'm planning for a while now. So this post is also my journey as a complete vegan and also the start of my strong-lift workout.

I'm going to the gym at Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and on Mondays and Wednesdays i'm attending the swimming pool for about an hour.

I don't have an organized nutrition plan yet.

I want to post here my progress, so here are my picture of how I look today:

1.jpg.f7a6017336b2d15c38d52b09dc721384.jpg

2.jpg.c21023937b35c90d7ae7f4f9cffb3bc2.jpg

I want to lose fat and get a lot more strength.

I've used to do bicycling a lot and not I'm returning to it so I want to get much more strength. In the past I did a lot of this isolated routines and didn't get the results which I wanted.

My height is 177 and the weight is 75kg.

and make the full change why not if ur pretty much there do it. - Sorry but I didn't understand this sentence

whats your goals bud?

and make the full change why not if ur pretty much there do it

i ment to say if you only have eggs and dairy here and there why not just cut them out and make the full change?

and i always find the best way to increase strength is to train heavy with few reps and eat alot, this does put on fat but will gain strength better than trying to keep slim, or you could do a type of strongman training which includes cardio and strength, it did trim me up when i used to do it but i still held some weight that i didn't want but thats what a cutting cycle is for

• 9 months later...

I was a lot like you for a long time, man. Like Mitch1991 said, if you're just eating dairy here and there, just cut it out. It's not nearly as hard as you think and you won't miss it. Once I stopped eating dairy completely, I found it repulsive.

As for strength gains, it's all about decreasing volume and increasing intensity. IMO. Again, I'm kind of echoing what mitch said but it's true. You have to get a feel for the kind of recovery time your body needs. Then you can start to work around that. I know I'm being nebulous, so let me elaborate. Let's say you can do 3 sets of 10 pull-ups and you know that will leave you sore the next day. Instead, try to doing 2 sets of your absolute max. Maybe that's 1 set of 12 pull-ups followed by a second set of 9 or 10. Who knows. But you won't be sore (or as sore) the next day and you can try to top it.

I went from 9 or 10 pull-ups to 15 in just a couple of weeks following that method. I know it's somewhat counterintuitive to what you read on a lot of sites and in magazines, but it's worked well for me, and you can apply that to any exercise. I'm just using pull-ups as a hypothetical. Another example could be push-ups. Say you can do 20 pushups now. Well, instead of doing 3 sets of 20 and being a little sore the next day, do 2 sets of your absolute max and keep building on that everyday until you can do 3 sets of your max without soreness. Then it's an endurance game, but you can continue to increase your strength by positioning your hands closer to your hips and going back down to 2 sets. It's all about mechanically disadvantaging yourself. Is this making sense? Anyways, that's what has worked for me. Hope that helps.