Staying fit with pregnancy number 4 ~ Kat's fitness journal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for posting that. I am looking for marathon to do late fall and i noticed we live close to each other. i've actually never heard of this race before but flat is good! I'm going to look into it!

Oh yea! You live right down the road!! How about that! Its in Lehighton/Jim thorpe. It will be beautiful. Its a rail trail so and its crushed limestone so its a nice surface. hope to see you there!!

i feel the same way about rest days. you should def do a sprint tri. they are really fun! also since you bike and run now you can do a duathlon.

Yes! I was thinking about doing that first. I know Wilkes-barre has one but it passed already. I am checking out different ones in PA and NY.

Took my measurements today:

Bust- 34" (of course the boobs always go first. ::SIGH::)

chest- 28 3/4" (yea 1/4" loss lol, I'm at my ribs I cant get much smaller there)

waist- 24" (sweet 1/2" loss)

hips- 32 3/4" (lol 1/4" loss, again not much more to lose there, you know birthin' hips and all)

thighs- 16 1/2" (WHOOOO 1" loss!!!)

calves- 13 3/4"

Biceps- 11" flexed 10" at rest

Be back with my workout details

Today was a hardcore day. Was it supposed to be? LOL I dont know.

I woke up and had a green smoothie and my vega sport prework out drink. I did my upper body:

2 sets 12 lat raises

2 sets 12 bicep curls

2 sets 12 rows

2 sets 12 front raises

2 sets 12 kickbacks

2 sets 12 overhead presses

Then I did my abs:

some pilates like the 100, roll ups, rolling like a ball, v sits, swimmers and then the runnersworld ab workout (planks with leg lifts, bridges with leg lifts, metronome SP??, supermans, one Im forgeting.. ugh).

After that I went to the track and ran 4.25 miles in 44 minutes. This was scary, the HS FB team was practicing and they were doing sprints and a huge side of beef just collapsed. Police, ambulance the works. Turns out he didnt eat breakfast or hydrate properly. Hope he gets better right away and learns a lesson. It was in the mid 90s already and humid and disgusting of course so I was running after the team got back to sprints and I run past the head coach (HS football is BIG here, like TX big lol) and he looks at me and says "you prob ate f*cking breakfast". LMAO. He was soooo mad. He was singing songs about how slow they were, calling them out.... hed scare JM LOL. After my run I ran the stairs in 9 minutes!!! Yea! My quads were BURNING. Loved it. I dragged my soaking wet a** home and finished with some legs.

A quick pilates based routine (leg lifts, circles, bicycles, all that stuff) and then I did:

3 sets 12 squats w/ 10lb weights

3 sets 12 dead lifts w/ 10lb weights

3 sets 60 calf raises w/ 10lb weights

Its evident that I need much heavier weights. I need 15lb ones, I could go all day with 10s. This is all due to the power yoga. Hell yea.

I had recovery pudding afterward.

Lunch was a tomato and cucmber salad with basil and a vegan sausage, also tons of water.

I woke up today feeling SO sick. Haha so my paranoid self (I JUST had a baby) took a pregnancy test (negative!!!) and laid in bed until I felt better. Then I had a green smoothie for breakfast, felt MUCH better. Today was a non running day so I hopped on the bike and I was shocked when I ended at 35 miles. It was wonderful! I felt amazing. I practiced ingesting nutrition while riding. I was pleasantly surprised the vega sport went down easily and I felt GREAT and I didn't choke and die (clearly). Now I need to work on this type of stuff while running.......

Later around 8pm I want to do some yoga to unwind.

Bed early tomorrow is a long day, very similar to Monday.

What a very long weekend. It did NOT go as planned. I had a few set backs, mainly emotional. I had to cut ties with a long time friend. I am thankful I did my workout on saturday BEFORE I had to deal with all that.

Sunday I got in a great bike ride and my TA postpartum dvd. I also got in a swim at my parents. Sunday was a great day with them, I love them because they totally love my vegan sis and I and have every food a vegan could want stocked and ready. So awesome.

Monday I also biked, I wanted to run but I was emotionally drained. It took so much out of me physically. I did do my TA PP dvd though.

Today I went and ran (finally!!) 4.25 miles and I did suicides (those are fun lol) and I ran the stairs. I also did my TA PP dvd.

I have to fess up to having a few glasses of wine last night and PIGGING out on chips and salsa. Thats so not like me. It wont be happening again. I feel awful today. I shouldnt have done it. I know I was using it as an emotional crutch (this friendship thing really killed me) and I know how BAD that is.

Tonight I am going to take a hot bath, watch a movie with my kids. Tomorrow I have a tempo run of 4 miles and my TA dvd.

I think Saturday I will take more measurments and pictures. My hubby has taken my scale (I wanted him too) so I dont get it back in 30 days!!!! Whatever I need to get over numbers.

Today is a rest day. I have decided to switch 100% to tea. No more coffee its killing me. Today I bought a new jogging stroller, rented a cabin for my anniversary/birthday weekend in an amazing state park in PA, called blue knob. Also ate at the amazing vegan place in Scranton and did my grocery shopping Tonight I will practice yoga. Its hot as heck here.

This weekend we are headed up to promised land state park, never been there but they have a few beaches and great trails.

282772_2230568086820_1326391000_2545436_7162772_n.jpg.779353d8ef8a16a30eb874e984c8e11d.jpg

283177_2230567206798_1326391000_2545435_4676791_n.jpg.e5022ccfbacb6927ddfbe5fd4aaa6a4f.jpg

283834_2230566406778_1326391000_2545434_7775138_n.jpg.6c3085476177203ab0660dcbdff9bade.jpg

Hell called. They want their weather back. OMG. 85 degrees at 7am. Went to the track ran 4.75 miles in 46 minutes which is great. Now I am taking a little break before I do my PP dvd. Took some pics at the track and some goofy ones at home. I also took some progressy type ones.

track ones first. I look SO sexy its just unreal!!!

track.jpg.0117e5c7ad90968274f68acbc5dba6ef.jpg

track1.jpg.e5bfa9904d5e42fcbcfcd43ac8f51c67.jpg

track2.jpg.daac42379363e583242ae4745c69f3db.jpg

So I really need to track my food better. This is the best and worst week to start. Period week. It could get ugly.

So here is today:

M1: vega sport handful almonds, water

* mini snack- melon salad

M2: plain baked potato with black pepper, green smoothie with hemp protein, water

M3: Amys 1/4lb vegan burger, homemade whole wheat slice of bread, tomato slice, a tiny bit of daiya (PMS), 1 cup sliced bell peppers, 2 tbsp hummus, water

*daily detox tea

M4: 1/2 cup chickpeas, 2 cups chopped veggies, 1/2 cup brown rice, water

M5: 1 scoop vega choco blended with frozen banana

Im sure as EVERYONE knows its hot as HELL all across the country and the northeast is no exception. I have a rest from running day today even though when I woke up at 7am it was only 80 so I debated doing some quick sprints at the track.... lol I didnt. I am going to do an indoor strength workout and get some miles on the bike though.

Grrrr. So Sunday we packed up the car and headed to the state park to do the 10k loop and have a nice day and the rain started 5 miles from home. UGH so we turned around and came home and the coulds went away, the sun came out and we spent the day in the backyard and the kids went swimming. I didnt workout. I felt awful (TOM) so I just took the rest day. I did eat really well though even though I feel ravenous and insane. I could eat my bodyweight in vegan mac and cheese.

M1: Green smoothie w/ hemp protein, water

M2: banana, PB, water

M3: tortilla pizza (whole wheat tortilla), homemade sauce with chickpeas, daiya mozz, fresh basil, salad with oil and vin, water

M4: cut veggies and hummus, water

M5: air poped popcorn with sea salt and pepper (my sunday night treat), water

Monday-

Great day for working out. 44.5 mile bike ride!!! Indoors, my buns are KILLING me. I really just wanted to take out my new jogger and go for a run BUT we had awful thunderstorms and even though I dont mind running in rain, I dont in lightening. So I just planned to do a little on my bike. Now I really am starting to think maybe I can do a tri next year.

I also did about an hours worth of strength training before my bike ride

My food- I know I did good, I ate a variety, (even while biking!) of whole foods. I just dont remember exactly today. I was typing this all out yesterday when then cable/computer went out for a few hours. I had a bad panic attack later on in the day. :/