My training journal

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Encrypted
Finch

My training journal

#1 Postby Encrypted » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:15 am

So I've been trying to workout for many years but my total lack of knowledge on the subject and not knowing anybody who did bodybuilding stopped me from trying it. I also wasn't very confident only with the information on the web.
Luckily I recently met a bodybuilder at my working place who is helping me. He is not vegan but he still can help me with the workouts.

I started two weeks ago. The first week without equipment (I'm doing it at home). The second week I started using dumbbells, barbell, etc. I will be writing my progress here so I can keep a record of what I'm doing and hopefully people can give me tips and correct errors. That would be great!

Hight: 184cm
Weight: 65kg

So yes, I'm very thin. I started eating a lot more but the problem is that I live in China and it's difficult to have access to many products like VEGA for protein powders, energy bars, etc, and I'm not sure about multivitamins. I saw many kinds in pharmacies here but I don't know if I can trust them. I'm not even sure they are vegan.

My training program:

Dumbbells: 6kg for each arm.
barbell: 10kg
5 series of 12 reps for each exercise.

MONDAY
- Chest: push-ups, bench presses.
- Shoulders: dumbbell front raise, lateral raise, bent over lateral raise.

WEDNESDAY
- Biceps: hammer curls, concentration curls, barbell curls.
- Back: dumbbell row exercise

FRIDAY
- Triceps: dumbbells, kickbacks, dips 2 benches.
- Abs: 8 min abs exercise

SATURDAY
- Football (soccer)

I'm on my third week now.
Push-ups it's the most difficult for me.
When I start my workout for example in biceps, the first three series I can do them pretty easily. The last two become much harder. The same happens with the other exercises I do on that session. Does that mean I need to put more weight? But if I put more wight I probably won't make it to the 12 reps on each exercise.

I'll keep posting.
Great site by the way. And congrats for Robert Cheeke!

PS: In case my english looks strange, it's because I'm spanish.

melrae
Rabbit

Re: My training journal

#2 Postby melrae » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Spanish, living in China, writing in English. I'm impressed!

I'm not sure if there are any of the vegan companies shipping overseas; maybe you can contact vegan nutrition web sites to see if they could work out the shipping with you so you can get some good items?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
- MLK Jr.

Encrypted
Finch

Re: My training journal

#3 Postby Encrypted » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:37 pm

melrae wrote:Spanish, living in China, writing in English. I'm impressed!

I'm not sure if there are any of the vegan companies shipping overseas; maybe you can contact vegan nutrition web sites to see if they could work out the shipping with you so you can get some good items?

Haha, and french mother! I was just lucky with languages since a was kid... anyway;

For what you suggest, I asked already some time ago I don't remember what company about shipping the goods but I had no response. I guess the answer was "no". I will try with other companies.
I found on a chinese website that they sell soy protein but I don't know if it's vegan. Is there a way to know that looking at the ingredients? Maybe I can share the specifications so people could tell me if it's vegan or not...

Thanks!

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”