Roni's Log

Day 2: 07/12/2011

Today was my second day of the strong-lift training:

Squats 50lbs 5x5 - OK

Overhead Press 45lbs 5x5 - OK

Deadlift 95lbs 1x5 - OK

Pushups - 40,25,20

The second day was pretty OK. I'm just learning how to do this new exercises with the help of the instructor and the videos that i've watched on line(:

I'm eating a lot more lately. But I don't know exactly how much I eat and how much protein I get. I'll get to it very soon.

Day 3: 07/14/2011

Squats 55lbs 5x5 - OK

Bench Press 50lbs 5x5 - OK

Barbell Rows 70lbs 1x5 - Not OK - I wan't sure that i'm doing this one right, so I quit after the first time. Now I know what I have to do(:

Pushups - 40, 30, 20

The second day was pretty OK. I'm just learning how to do this new exercises with the help of the instructor and the videos that i've watched on line(:

Nothing special happened today. I'm just getting used to this and adjusting my technique.

Day 7: 07/24/2011

Squats 75lbs 5x5 - OK

Bench Press 60 5x5 - OK

Barbell Rows 80 1x5 - OK

Pushups - 40, 30

It is still pretty easy. Although I definitely fell that I'm using my all body when doing this exercises. It's my first time that i've doing this kind of exercises. Before I always did just isolated ones.

I'm eating a lot. Still didn't count my calorie intake. My diet is basically consists of:

One or two Shakes daily with: Hemp protein, Sunflower seeds, Tahini, Spinach, Spirulina, Dates and two of the: apple/peach/banana

one or two quaker porridge daily - one early at the morning (6 AM) before the workout and one at the evening.

Big salads

Large Pasta or Rice or Quinoa at lunch

About 8 slices of breads a day with Tahini

Large bowl of baked sweet Potato, Zucchini and Onion

Thats about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 8: 07/26/2011

I'm moving to Kg instead of lbs...it's pretty annoying to convert all the number from Kg to lbs every time

Squat 37.5Kg 5x5 - OK

Overhead Press 27.5Kg 5x5 - OK

Deadlift 55Kg 1x5 - OK - but pretty hard to be honest

Day 9: 07/31/2011

I missed the 07/28 workout.... I just couldn't make it...so instead I continued it in the 07/31

Squats 40Kg 5x5 - OK

Bench Press 30Kg 5x5 - OK

Barbell Rows 40Kg 5x5 - OK - i'm pretty sure that i'm not doing this some right.

Day 10: 08/02/2011

I'm moving to Kg instead of lbs...it's pretty annoying to convert all the number from Kg to lbs every time

Squat 42.5Kg 5x5 - OK

Overhead Press 30Kg 5x5 - OK

Deadlift 60Kg 1x5 - OK - this was a really tough one for me. In the last repetition, I really struggled.

Day 11: 08/04/2011

Squats 45Kg 5x5 - OK

Bench Press 32.5Kg 5x5 - OK

Barbell Rows 42.5Kg 4x5 - OK - I gave up in the last set. I need to watch the clips again to see how to do this exercise the right way and I'm also planning on taking a private lesson soon.

It begins to be interesting for me. And I definitely start to see some minor changes in my muscles . It took time to me to get used to this workout routine, and now i'm starting to like it.

I'm eating quite a lot now, and I gain an extra 1.5kg. But I don't have yet a really planned diet program, beside some basic stuff like a shake after the workout and a big salad which I eat every day.