Anyone getting good results with really low fat vegan diet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What do you consider "really low fat intake"?

I do like 30-40 grams fat daily and its fine so far. But I am mostly into endurance so my carbs intake is pretty high and protein intake not that high. Still manage to build some muscles, though I am not looking to bulk up too much so maybe that's different.

• 1 month later...
I would love to see truly 'protein rich' foods that are also low in fat. Most high protein vegan foods are also high in carbs (beans) or high in fat (tofu)....

I thought the same way few yrs back. Avoiding nuts , i had to eat lots of grains (carbs) when trying to up my protein intake. Now i dont do the same mistake. I prefer nuts to grains when combining with legumes. Nuts provide better protein & quality fats than grains. I take in some 50-60 grams of fat. When training is 'reasonably' hard, then fats help me better & i still dont get 'fat'.

As far as i see, other than legumes , there are no low (or zero) fat vegan protein sources. But legumes have lots of carbs. We cant help it any way other than up the training which 'consumes' the carbs.

• 4 weeks later...

I do not think you have to eat low fat, I go about my daily diet for my 80-90g just 61kg and I cover, all goods from plant sources like nuts, sesame, soy, olive oil, flax etc. .. and I simply avoid going great in pre-breakfast and post workout in which HC and dominated distribution in the other 3 meals + protein and green vegetables while avoiding or reducing carbohydrates.

Sorry if the translation is not very good, I'm Spanish, greetings!

If you want a low fat, relatively low carb, whole foods protein source, start sprouting beans and lentils. Sprouting reduces carbs somewhat as the energy is used converting the starch into simple sugars and breaking some of the protein down into free amino acids (this is a good thing- they're more easily absorbed). Check out sproutpeople for more info.

I discovered by accident that I do best not so much on low fats, but low OILS. By cutting out as much oil as possible in my food consumption and keeping my carbs to protein sources with the occasional fruit, my complexion is the best it's ever been and my body is just plain happier. I never really bought the idea that oils were bad for you but I'm starting to wonder if they're just too prevalent in our diets and could use some cutting back on.

Most of my fat content is from nuts and the occasional avocado. Then I have my veggie burgers and fake meats and oh, Gardein. I love you Gardein. <3

I always had problems with high carbs more than that with high unsaturated fats ..

I realize that the meat eaters are blessed in that they have low fat-low carb-high quality protein - all packed into the meat . They can control their body weight better i feel...

I keep researching in nutrition according to my body needs every day, every moment, observing my body.. I felt that i had not been giving importance to Soy & its products. It is one product that is very high in proteins, low in carbs - say in dry roasted soy nuts - 40% protein (high quality),25% carbs, 20% fat (unsaturated) .. TVP has 50% protein & 0%fat .. There will always be issues around TVP, but after reading them all, i strongly feel that they are over exaggerated ..

By adding little quantity of TVP or soy nuts to lentils, i get high quality protein & fats & most importantly, i CAN control my carbs intake now. It gives me relief , @least now lol ..

Here in India, we dont get hemp products. So,Soy is my best choice. & Soy has always been.

Research continues ...

• 2 weeks later...