Vegercize

Morning all!

I'm a 27 year old Aussie chick who is currently living in Southern California for 12 months. I have been vego for a while but converted to vegan about 3 months ago. Loving the diet and finding it real easy and tasty (except when eating out on occasion). I have always been an endurance athlete but have decided to add some strength into the mix so have been hitting the gym for a few months (mostly upper body). I have made some nice strength gains so far.

I have been reading this forum for a while now but wanted to say hi and keep up the good work everyone!

Hey!

Im new too, close to making the transition to being a vegan, (been modifying my diet the past few days) . I always wondered how hard it would be to find something to eat while going out, I mean its pretty average finding a decent meal on the go while being vegetarian around my area!

Hey!

Im new too, close to making the transition to being a vegan, (been modifying my diet the past few days) . I always wondered how hard it would be to find something to eat while going out, I mean its pretty average finding a decent meal on the go while being vegetarian around my area!

I guess it depends where you are living, but I have always found Melbourne to be pretty accommodating, open and various in terms of their vego options. Have you been to Vege-Bar in Fitzroy? http://www.vegiebar.com.au/ Mmmmmmm so good! This place is also great http://www.soulfoodcafe.com.au/

If you google Vegan Melbourne you get quite a few options. Try living in the middle of the Californian desert... it's not as easy Or France... I went there recently to watch the Tour De France and it was a night-mare!

hey

I went out last night for dinner to a local place and they were more than happy to cook me a bunch of suitable things.

Thanks for the links, i live on the other side of the city though lol but I did a google search and bookmarked a few close ones :P

As for eating while traveling around, i totally get what you mean when you say is aint easy! I remember going to Germany 2 years ago and everythings either meat or dairy......apart from their beer ofcourse lol

Hey!

It is very hard to find vegan foods when eating out. I try to get to the only vegan restaurant in my city as a preference. Otherwise I always try to suss out the menu online before I go there, otherwise I end up with a bowl of chips

I've started getting more confidence in requesting my food to be vegan. I say specifically 'i want this, without this or this, but add this, THANKS '.... Otherwise you could say you have allergies and then they feel bad

Hey!

It is very hard to find vegan foods when eating out. I try to get to the only vegan restaurant in my city as a preference. Otherwise I always try to suss out the menu online before I go there, otherwise I end up with a bowl of chips

I've started getting more confidence in requesting my food to be vegan. I say specifically 'i want this, without this or this, but add this, THANKS '.... Otherwise you could say you have allergies and then they feel bad

Lol I hear to old chip method gets used often but I see nothing wrong with it if its used just as a quick-fill on the go kind of thing. When I ask places about vegan preferences I ask about it the same way as someone would ask if they could have lamb in a wrap instead of chicken, it changes their reaction because im so casual and upfront about it.

Hope that made sense im winding down after a long study sess!