Do you train when sick??!

I've heard the general rule is, if it is above the neck and you feel up to training, go for it, anything below the neck means take time off. I'll train with a minor head cold on occasion, but usually I scale back the weight and do more reps vs. going heavy, as I usually find that I don't feel "all there" when I'm a bit under the weather and it's hard to focus on going heavy.

• 1 month later...

When I get sick, it's usually a sinus infection--yay allergy-induced asthma. In fact, since I'm in that "high risk" category, I don't dare do ANY cardio when I'm sick. As is, in the winter I have to preemptively take my inhaler as cold, dry air aggravates my condition.

Well I am doing mostly running started some weight training just lately. But I tend not to train when seriously sick. When sick you need your immune system to work at it's best. So I don't overload and bother my body with workout recovery while sick.

I've heard the general rule is, if it is above the neck and you feel up to training, go for it, anything below the neck means take time off. I'll train with a minor head cold on occasion, but usually I scale back the weight and do more reps vs. going heavy, as I usually find that I don't feel "all there" when I'm a bit under the weather and it's hard to focus on going heavy.

^this

• 2 weeks later...