Newbie here!!

Bearsfan5434

Hey Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm a newly converted vegetarian. I made the decision over the past week. I've gotten sick and tired of feeling lethargic and honestly sick of the excess weight I've gained.

I used to compete in bodybuilding, then I got married, started a job where I'm not too active and it's been downhill every since. I just haven't felt healthy for a while, so I knew it was time for a change.

Anyway, good to see a site like around for support. Look forward to watching it grow.

Brandon Boyd

Hey Brandon!!!

Is the "bears" a basket ball team? If so, I think i heard of them before but I am not really into sports, as you prolly gathered and as you are probably on the floor laughing at me right now.

anyway, I am so happy to hear that you have given up eating animals. YOU are still a new vegeatrian, so you may have times when you want to give up and revert back to meat, Please dont ever do that. Your own health, the animals, and the environment will all lose if you do, and it will be one sad day. Your vegetarianism, and hopefully soon veganism, will be one of the proudest accomplishments of your life, trust me, as a former DIE HARD carnivore, I know what i am talking about. if you ever feel like you are going to regress (because that is exactly what it would be), come on these boards and look for support and inspiration. We are here for you and are thrilled to have you among us!!

You will reap the health benefits of this diet soon, trust me, not to mention the good 'karma" or the like that you will be racking up in sparing animals lives. Just one vegan person saves the lives of almost 100 innocent animals a year by just being vegan!!! if it is true what they say about reaping what you sow in this lifetime, surely you will yourself be treated with the mercy and compassion you have chosen to show onto other sentient creatures.

So congrats and wlecome. I hope your awareness of the benefits of a vegan lifestyle for your health, for animals, and for the environment continue to grow stronger with each passing day. You rock!

And thanks again for choosing compassion over suffering and death.

You will love it here. It is pretty addictive and filled with awesome, inspirational people.

Hey Brandon,

Welcome to the group! Great to have you here. You will find tons of great people, lots of information, and motivation from this site.

I really enjoy the group of people that we have here and the group keeps on expanding

Have an awesome day!

Is the "bears" a basket ball team? If so, I think i heard of them before but I am not really into sports, as you prolly gathered and as you are probably on the floor laughing at me right now.

Heck, I'm laughing at you right now and I hate sports. The Chicago Bears is a football team.

Hi Brandon, and welcome.

Cool!!!

maybe you guys could hook up some time on the weekend.

I wish we all lived closer together. That would rock.

Yes, I'm looking forward to meeting Renecarol next weekend. She is coming up to Richmond for the Richmond Vegetarian Festival. Last month in England was great fun and inspiring too. It is a bit depressing though that many of us had to travel half way around the world to meet up.

Richmond Vegetarian Festival? I'm not familiar. If you could give me some specs, perhaps I could make a visit up there........

http://www.veggiefest.org/http://www.veggiefest.org/ on Saturday July 30.

Let me know if you decide to go to the festival. I'm always happy to meet a vegan lifter and I'm sure Rene would be too.

I don't understand why Richmond insists on having outdoor festivals of all sorts in the middle of the summer. It really is too hot to enjoy the food when it's near 100 degrees out. Of course if we get too hot, my gym is only about a mile away from the park. We could ditch the festival and lift weights.

• 4 weeks later...