My Barbarian Shoot Pictures

lol. Big some day... Can't wait! Will you be staying near Richmond? If so you can come to my Gold's and work out all you want, of course. Our photographer is Kimberly Frost (kimberlyfrost.com). She normally does portraits and periodicals but she's awesome with physique shots as well.

Train hard!

PS, who was your photographer for the photo shoot?

My friend was asking today. You may have stated it but just wanted to quickly ask.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa! i'm 5'11 too, but only 155 lb :\ There's hope for me yet! What an inspiration!

30lbs should be doable for me if i put in some hard work. the most i've gained was about 10-15 lbs in 3 months or so, but i was a meat eater back then and was taking creatine as well hehe.

i'm considering going vegan/vegetarian now... and that picture, as well as robert's pictures are just the motivations i needed to make the switch!

whoa! i'm 5'11 too, but only 155 lb :\ There's hope for me yet! What an inspiration!

30lbs should be doable for me if i put in some hard work. the most i've gained was about 10-15 lbs in 3 months or so, but i was a meat eater back then and was taking creatine as well hehe.

i'm considering going vegan/vegetarian now... and that picture, as well as robert's pictures are just the motivations i needed to make the switch!

Thanks man, that's great! When I switched I dropped 15lbs, but it was because my average bodyfat went from 12% to 7%. Then I gained it all back as muscle. Many of my clients who made the change had similar results, so no loss there! Just lift heavy and eat a lot and you'll get there

I know from your blog that you have an Eat to Live style diet. Did you switch to that at the same time as becoming vegan, or did you become vegan first then take up EtL?

We don't strictly follow Eat to Live, but we do try and eat as many whole unprocessed foods as possible. We both started out eating a lot more flour based foods and imitation animal product foods ( as I think many vegans do) then as we educated ourselves we grew more and more to follow what we do now. I wouldn't really call our dietary habits EtL style as much as what we feel is the healthiest possible diet to consume based on many sources and our own experience with how food makes us look/feel. Do you follow a similar diet?

I know from your blog that you have an Eat to Live style diet. Did you switch to that at the same time as becoming vegan, or did you become vegan first then take up EtL?

We don't strictly follow Eat to Live, but we do try and eat as many whole unprocessed foods as possible. We both started out eating a lot more flour based foods and imitation animal product foods ( as I think many vegans do) then as we educated ourselves we grew more and more to follow what we do now. I wouldn't really call our dietary habits EtL style as much as what we feel is the healthiest possible diet to consume based on many sources and our own experience with how food makes us look/feel. Do you follow a similar diet?

Our ideal is to follow a similar diet, though at times when we don't plan well or cook much, we fail pretty spectacularly. But we have used your blog for recipe ideas, so thanks for that!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New pics are in from the NANBF Washington State Championship! Got 3rd of 7 in a tough class at a big show, so I'm stoked! It was a great time hanging out and competeing alongside Ed Bauer!

Official photos from prejudging: http://www.cdp-web.net/2011_Events/Seattle/Prejudge/AM_BB_Mens_Open_Medium.html

Contest photos courtesy of Josh Avery: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.141531162602642.37491.110820642340361

Studio photos courtesy of Josh Avery: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.141537975935294.37494.110820642340361

Gym photos with Ed Bauer courtesy of Rebecca Bolte: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.141541839268241.37495.110820642340361