Thin but not lean... Bulk or cut?

Hi everyone, new member here. I've just gone vegan (from 4 years veggie) and am looking to get in shape

I'm tall and very thin (ecto) but I've got accumulated flab around my stomach/pec area. With my shirt on, people tell me to eat more; with it off, they say I should try and get leaner. So the question is- bulk or cut?

Height 6,3

Weight 150

Age 20

My gut says get lean and build up (I hate this stomach!), but I don't want to do anything stupid.

Welcome to the boards.

There's no point of cutting if you've got no muscle. If the flab around your stomach isn't enough to see with a shirt on then there's no point of being insecure about it.

My advice is to eat enough consistently to gain weight weekly and start a beginner's strength program if you have access to a gym or equipment. And do it for at least 6-12 months before cutting.

I am 6'3" and 212 and I am still trying to gain...not worried about getting cut yet. I do have a small amount of flab around the mids but you would never see it with a shirt....in fact.....most people don't notice it when i have a shirt off. At 150 lbs, I would put everything into gaining right now, assuming you have no limitations.