My Dealio =)

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

VeganVibrations
Finch

My Dealio =)

#1 Postby VeganVibrations » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:03 am

Yay! So I have been a vegetarian for years now but not a healthy one due to emotional issues. Now that that is over with I decided to go vegan and really make it my goal to get uber fit to my standards. I have about 30 lbs I wanna shake off. I have always worked out so the physical aspect is not what gets me it is the food. Today my food was:

Meal 1: Smoothie with 1/2 banana, peach, berries, spirulina, hemp seeds and a scoop of protein powder with a healthy homemade protein bar or healthy low carb bread of some sort
Meal 2- apple and orange with 2 slices of tofurkey
Meal 3- Salad with chik'n and honey mustard dressing
Meal 4- maybe another smoothie or flax crackers and hummus + water with 1 scoop protein
Meal 5- tofu veggie scramble with broccoli, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and herbs

I find it a little tricky to get in a lot of protein- I don't digest beans well even if I soak them overnight, peanut butter or seed butters I cannot be trusted around, all nuts and dried fruit (even raw, soaked) -make me break out and a little itchy, also I am allergic to spinach =( sorry popeye!
Also I find it hard to increase my protein without also increasing my carbs- according to sparkpeople, my carbs are maxed out everyday yet I eat "bread" once a day and do not eat pasta or potatoes.. I am at 60% carbs, 10% fat, 30% protein..my calories are around 1500 +-
I'm trying to really listen to my body and figure out what it needs- sort of like intuitive eating- but a couple years of not listening have made it hard, and food intolerances have made it a mission! OK enough about food-

Todays workouts looks like this:
This AM: 12 minutes of HIIT, 15 minutes yoga
Tonight: Weights, Arms: 3 sets of 12
-Bench Press
-Bent Row
-Shoulder Press
-Skull crushers
-Dumbell curl

after the weights I will take a 35 minute bike ride

OK long post, but any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”