Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: "Oh No He Didn't!" The Edward Mason story
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:29 pm 
Stegosaurus

8/21/2011

I've been busy all day getting ready to go on vacation to see my little brother in South Carolina (who I haven't seen in 3 years now...mildly excited). I've been getting all the loose ends tied, getting a batch of kombucha ready for a friend in town and teaching her how to make her own, making my final decisions on which roommate is most worthy to water my plants while I'm gone (I have 5 roommates and that was actually a tough decision), getting packed, mapping my route to the Greyhound station early in the morning when the first couple of city buses are running. Oy, getting to the part where you go on vacation is sometimes more stressful than the things in our lives that we feel we need to vacation from.

It's been a non-stop past few days with work, and I'm really itching to go for a run, which might be the first thing I do when I get to South Carolina, though I might be able to squeeze one out in a little bit while the kombucha is cooling on the stove. I probably won't be able to log on here at all after today, so have a great week everyone. :)

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Back Ed! Whole new crew around here, eh?

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:09 am 
Stegosaurus

robert wrote:
Welcome Back Ed! Whole new crew around here, eh?

Sure is, but that's cool by me. :)

9/3/2011

South Carolina was great and it was great to see my family again. I started lifting weights with my little brother and kept at it when I got back to Texas, my everything is sore right about now. I haven't been running much, but started riding my roommate's bike around the neighborhood instead. It's a sporadic schedule, and like I said, I'm still doing cardio, so I don't have a set goal really, and I'm looking to either find a gym or throw down with my roommates on more exercise equipment, but I can already tell I'm adding weight back on, and that's cool with me. :D I've also been giving one of my roommates some simple massages and my forearms and starting to look like Mini-Robert's. :)

My diet has been consisting of tons of homemade burritos (consisting of a wide variety of vegetables including carrots, potatoes, onions, eggplant, peppers, spinach, kale, pinto/black/garbanzo beans, and topped with salsa or homemade hummus...mmm...hummus), some whole wheat pasta (can't wait for my tomatoes to come in so I can start making my own sauce), lots of bananas and plums, lots of water and kombucha, but I really need to start growing wheat grass again to get back on the "juice" (get it? ;)).

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Oh yes he did!

Have fun with Lean and Green and thendanisays in TX!

Give them a hug for me.

Hope to get my butt to TX soon too!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1