The misconceptions about being a vegan bodybuilder continue.

boardn10

I was reading the latest Natural Bodybuilding mag and saw an article about a woman bodybuilder who is vegan/vegetarian. I thought, great! As I was reading she mentioned that while she trained for her first BB competition, she ate a standard diet of meat, fish, eggs, milk, etc. What? Then she said after the competition she went back to eating vegan. Soooooo....basically she was making it sound like one can't build enough muscle to compate if one is vegan/vegetarian.

Ugh, it continues.....

Yes, that attitude seems to be quite typical. Like the vegans who only eat one fish a week.

Here's a video of a 53-year-old chap who is a raw vegan bodybuilder:

His non-steroid use is being challenged on a forum. I don't know enough about the subject to defend him. If anyone is interested in telling some meat eaters how it is possible to be a vegan BBer without stroid drugs, you could do so at:

ht--tp://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=181605 You'll have to copy and past and get rid of the -- from the ht--tp.

But, be warned: there are some very unpleasant people over there.

Unpleasant people is right!

I have been off and on vegan and vegetarian and a bodybuilder most of my life. I never notice a difference in teh amount of muscle I can build nor the amount I carry based on whether or not I am a vegetarian or vegan at the time. It all has to do with training intensity, your training program, and nutrition. Nutrition comes in many forms, as long as I get enough calories and protein...plants or meat....doesn't matter one bit. In fact science is showing us that plant sources are more bioavailable.

I don't understand where the argument is.

Where is the magic in animal protein? Are they saying it is the growth hormone effect? What's the deal?

I don't understand where the argument is.

Where is the magic in animal protein? Are they saying it is the growth hormone effect? What's the deal?

I'm not sure - even though I've dealt with some of these people over many threads. Basically, I think the message is that vegans are weak. It doesn't matter what evidence is shown to refute this.

ht--tp://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=181605

If you're not UK based you probably won't know who David Icke is - in short he's a complete lunatic

There are some good discussions over there. I have a lot of fun educating people about veganism and pointing out the flaws in the anti-vegan propaganda. When the vegan threads are quiet I sometimes post in threads against the Nazis and Jew haters, of whom there are many.