Hey y'all!

coltonxvx

I'm 23, live in Oklahoma, and I've been vegan for five years and an athlete all my life. I became vegan for animal rights purposes and aggressively maintain that stance. A band, Earth Crisis (maybe you've heard them?), first got me into animal rights and a song, "Diet for a New America" by Most Precious Blood was the final push I needed to become vegan. And I don't think it's hyperbole for me to say that I'd rather die than not be vegan.

I think of myself as a triathlete, but that's sort of a lie considering I've only competed in three thus far (my fourth will be at the end of this month!). Recently, in the last month or two, I've gotten really into strength training and body building, and I won't lie, this site and its users (mainly Robert and Derek) have really influenced that transition. Hopefully being a part of this forum will motivate me further and give me the knowledge I need to meet my goals! A few of which are completing various tris and meeting my target weight of 160 lbs (currently at 150! I've gained nearly 10 lbs in the last three weeks roughly following workout plans posted by Robert and Derek) and maybe someday becoming a personal trainer.

When I'm not working on my fitness (or just at work), I enjoy being a dork and I'm super into fantasy novels and related things.

Anyhow, I'll be posting a workout log and I hope keeping it up to date. And as a complete newbie to heavy lifting, please throw any and all advice you might have, I've love to hear it!

• 5 months later...

Hi, so, how did the 4th triathlete comp go? Have you done more since then? How about the "heavy lifting"? Has this forum got you more into the weight training side of things? Good to have you hear and a belated welcome!

-Dylan