Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marathon training and 3rd baby weight loss
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:02 pm 
Rabbit

Sept 3rd- 9.5 mile run
At every mile I stopped and did 80 crunches (various kinds), 25 push ups and 2 min planks!! whooo hoooo!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:03 pm 
Rabbit

Sept 4th-
10 min jump rope warm up
10 sets of-
20 push ups
8 dips
30 crunches (various kinds)
3.2 mile easy cool down run

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:09 pm 
Rabbit

sept 5th- lackawanna state park
I felt awesome until a bee stung me in the a** at the halfway point.......
I was carrying Mikey too :D
Love my merrell pace gloves

Attachments:
smaller.jpg
smaller.jpg [ 208.5 KiB | Viewed 1271 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:11 pm 
Rabbit

Sept 6th- Spartan WOD

DAMN I sweat my butt off. Did this early this morning at the yurt.
60 jumping jacks with 20 sec rests for 10 min
3x for one min each-
Squats (I did it with 2 gal jugs of water)
burpee/curl/press (OMG)
squat jump
mountain climbers
rows with the water jugs
caterpillars
pushups to failure

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:14 pm 
Rabbit

My 5 month pics, 6 month pics next week!!!! eeeekkkk.

Attachments:
5 months.jpg
5 months.jpg [ 179.76 KiB | Viewed 1271 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:11 pm 
Elephant

Lookin good, keep it up!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:59 am 
Rabbit

Thanks!!! I have no intentions of stopping. SO HUGE change of plans, I will be running a spartan race this Saturday!!! My awesome dad registered me :D
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
WOD
w/u- 800m
jog/sprint 6 laps on the track, jog turns, sprint straight sides
After each lap-
25 crunches
25 push ups
25 squats
1 min plank
c/d 100 jumping jacks, 3 min jump rope and 800m jog
10 min stretch

Attachments:
backbend.jpg
backbend.jpg [ 36.28 KiB | Viewed 1254 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 am 
Stegosaurus

I can't believe you are 5 months postpartum - you are such an inspiration!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:03 pm 
Rabbit

lobsteriffic wrote:
I can't believe you are 5 months postpartum - you are such an inspiration!

Thank you so much :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 pm 
Rabbit

So I didnt quit. My whole life changed. Seriously. On September 7th, my last post, the river we lived a block from started rising. Less than 24 hours later my home was destroyed by a flood they said would never reach us. My whole town is gone. My family lived in yurts at the state parks for 3 weeks and now this is our 2nd week in a hotel. We have found a new home, in a new town and we are moving on the 18th.
I DID do my spartan race. I strategically reserved a yurt in Tuscarora state park near blue ridge ski resort and I did it. I LOVE spartan racing. It saved me and made me braver than I ever thought I could be. Now I am signed up for the beast next september and I am registering for the tri state and PA sprint tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:15 pm 
Rabbit

So I did not fall of the face of the earth....
We were flooded off it instead! I will make a long story as short as possible and then I will finally get how AWESOME the race was.
Wednesday September 7th it was as usual for northeast PA raining and awful but my dad signed me up for the spartan sprint on September10th (ha instead of waiting almost a year). That night the street next to ours was given a suggested evacuation, it happens a lot because the river is on the other side of the street. My husband ran down to the officer and asked if we would need to leave too and they said "No way, water has never reach your house". We are 10ft above flood level so everyone figured the worst case scenario would be a few inches in the basement. Thursday morning we woke up to the water 20ft from our house and we were told that it would not only reach the basement but the first floor and had to evacuate. My husband and I threw what we could on our second floor and grabbed what we could and drove away as they cut off our power. The national guard was ushering people out and it was a mess.

I couldn't think about the house. I just kept telling myself it would just get the basement, they were just being cautious. The river was supposed to crest at the highest it had since hurricane Agnus in 1972, but even then our house had only got a very soggy yard. As we drove out of the disaster, out of the rain towards Tuscarora state park all I could think about was the Spartan sprint.
The Spartan race saved me. It literally saved my sanity. We found out the water had wiped away our first floor and the majority of our personal possessions. I focused 100% on the race I thought I was slightly unprepared for. We stayed in Tuscarora state park, about a half an hour from Blue ridge ski resort. The park was beautiful, I love the yurts and I forgot my worries for a night.

Saturday I woke up and felt sick. I have run many road races and a few trail but never anything with flames and mud. I got dressed, drank 64oz of water and ate 2 packs of almonds and a banana and we got in the car. I was nervous the whole ride and seeing the people and the parking lot and the smoke as we pulled up made me wonder what the hell I had got myself into.

I got my chip and all that and paced nervously as I waited for my 12:30 heat to start. Thankfully some of the wonderful women I met on FB in the Spartan chicked group were there and found me and helped calm my nerves, ha until I walked past a few sprained ankles and people being stitched.
Finally the 12:30 heat got ready to go and I stood in the crowd at the starting line like I had so many times before...... around me everyone was so supportive, people joked about only doing it for the free beer at the end and this put me at ease. Suddenly smoke canisters and the 12:30 heat were off. Running through smoke instantly made my "do it or else" mentality kick in and that was that, I had started I WOULD finish.
Here is the race to the best of my recollection, its hard because I am writing this 3 weeks later and the adrenaline was amazing, wanna talk about "runner's high"????
Started with the smoke, up a steep incline (we were running UP a ski slope) and to a small tail into the woods on the right. Everything was VERY slippery as there had been all the other people before us. We got to the first few walls, thank you to all the gracious spartan men who popped me over with a leg up, it was several walls in a row and the kind you go through. Those were very easy for me because I am smaller. Ok so I had done some walls, those had been a huge fear of mine. After that we just continued up an extremely steep incline through the woods, narrow trails, down MUDDY hills on my butt.... the next obstacles are most likely in the wrong order because my memory is a little fuzzy. We did a cargo net, I remember running out of the woods and seeing the dumb thing and having a mini heart attack. Heights.... HUGE fear. Looking back this is so stupid to me, here my home is gone and I am freaking out over a cargo net. Well I didn't stop I just put one foot in front of another and did it. With every obstacle I did I felt more sure of myself. There was a a water slide and a lake to cross (anyone 5'5" and under was swimming.... me), there was a horizontal wall to get across, log stumps to hop across, a cinder block to drag down a hill, through some water and up a hill, mud by the dump truck load, a cinder block type thing on a rope that you had to pull up on a pulley and let down slowly, fill a bucket with rocks, walk down the hill around and back up,and my number one favorite mud and barbed wire with a wall breaking it up. I have never felt more alive than crawling what I am guessing to be about 100 yards (I asked around how long it was and that's what I got) under barbed wire in mud in my face. Bye Bye bib number. The last bit was the spear throw (something I will HAVE to work on), I did burpees because my spear wasn't even close to hitting the straw, the hop over the fire (LOVED that) and the final wall, up and over easy peasy, I was surprised to later find out that this was an obstacle many people where getting hurt on. (yes that is my butt coming over the top)

I crossed the finish line in 2 hours and 21 minutes after running 4.8 miles up a ski slope and tackling all those obstacles. I got a sweet medal, a t-shirt and my beer. I am now changed forever. Every time I think I cant handle something I think of the cargo net or the walls. This couldn't have come at a better time because I have handled this flood in a far better manner than I would have if I had not done the race when I did.
Now I look forward to finding a new home and my next race.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 pm 
Rabbit

Here are my 7 month PP pics. Eating has been hell being displaced. I am doing the best I can.

Attachments:
7mPPcollage.jpg
7mPPcollage.jpg [ 226.51 KiB | Viewed 1124 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:30 pm 
Rabbit

So now I spend my days doing the spartan WODs and squishing in marathon training. Even though we are stuck in limbo, I never quit. My marathon is in 10 days. I am nervous but excited. Bring on the fire and barbed wire, just running is scary now!
This past weekend I ran a 5k last minute, despite having the flu and being used to a marathon pace I managed it in 28 minutes. This weekend I have a 5k trail run, Im taking it very easy.
My husband and some of our friends are also doing the 100 push up challenge. I am loving it. It is prep for beast training.
Im not the wuss I was on september 7th. I am a totally different person.
My kids think we have been on vacation for a month. We loved the first home we looked at. It comes complete with an organic garden. Its a perfect fit, in some ways the flood was the best thing that ever happened to us. As long as my family is safe thats all that matters. Please check out my blog about the flood and my training so far. Now that I have regular internet again I can update daily.
I am also on the daily mile, Katheryne Hassett

Post subject: Re: Life after the flood- Spartan beast training AROOOOOOOO
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 pm 
Rabbit

Ha thank goodness my hubby was there to capture this amazing moment.... my first ice bath. I was screaming about the titanic the whole time and he was laughing his ass off. This was yesterday.

Attachments:
File comment: my first ice bath.......
suck.jpg
suck.jpg [ 30.41 KiB | Viewed 1124 times ]

Post subject: Re: Life after the flood- Spartan beast training AROOOOOOOO
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 am 
Rabbit

*edit

Last edited by mtguy1976 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next