Brownbear's Training and Diet Log

Hello Friends,

I am finding it difficult to get into a consistent training/diet routine so I have decided to start this log to track my progress. Hopefully taking time to record my training and diet choices will allow me to find places for improvement and have a record of progress i've made. Daily updates to come!

Currently I am doing some weight lifting and some jogging and commuting by bike to school about half the time (my roommate drives and our schedules match opposite evenings/mornings so it works out to going 1 way on bike each day). I'd like to develop a set schedule and use these daily check in's to hold myself to it!

Prior til now I hadn't been recording either the exercise or the weight and I think that needs to change for me to see any progress. I'd like to be able to run longer distances and increase all my lifts- so over the next couple weeks I'll start recording to see where I'm at and set some goals. I'll keep track of my body weight because I'd like to cut fat; I don't particularly care what the scale says if i'm honestly tracking diet and workouts i'm confident weight will take care of itself but you know... anyways,

Day 1

Meal 1: Protein Shake / Omegas = 150c

Meal 2: Raw Revolution Bar = 280c

Meal 3: Brown Rice and Veggies 450c

Meal 4: Protein Shake / Peanut Butter / Agave Nectar = 600c = 1480c

I guess I should find my starting weight and calculate the number of calories I should be eating as well... But, in time, in time.

I biked about 9 miles through the city, 6 from school to a book reading, 3 from the book reading home.

Tomorrow, I'll hit the gym and record some starting numbers for lifts and my starting weight to calculate calories.

Weighed myself upon waking this morning and the scale reads 178 lbs. Plugged that number into a calorie calculator as a 5'9", active, 24 year-old male and got around 2400c/day to maintain. As I'd like to start by dropping some fat I'll be aiming for 1800-2000c/day and see how that goes for me.

Pretty good day today, got a jog in, and hit the weights. Scheduling lifting is a bit tricky since the school gym has awkward hours to accommodate weight lifting classes and sports teams. I shall have to be flexibly consistent, but at least I got some numbers.

Diet:

M1: Protein Shake / Omegas = 300c

M2: Oatmeal w/ Agave = 400c

M3: Brown Rice / Veggies = 550c

M4: Seasoned Veggies = 200c = 1750c

Work Out:

AM: 70 min. jog around the neighborhood

Gym:

Dead Lift: 225lbs 1x4; 3x5; 1x4 (I'd like to see 225 5x5)

Pull Ups: BW 3x3 (haha, I'd like to see a set higher than 3)

Dips: BW 3x8 (I'm happy with this; I'll add weight next time)

Calf Raises: 70lbs 3x25 (More weight next time)

Hanging Leg Raises: 3x15 (I'd like to see 5x15)

• 2 months later...

My advice is get rid of the fat first then do your training on a consistant basis. I used the hcg diet program and

I got to my target weight in a little over a month. It was a lot faster that way. Working out is a lot better for maintaining weight

than for losing weight unless you have 4 hours a day to spend at the gym.

• 4 weeks later...

It all depends on what is your real goal. At first, I started working out to get fit, but then I realized that I don't really care that much about the looks, but I simply felt great. Now I just make some reasonable plans and stick to them because it feels good. Results are there but they are no longer my primary concern.

• 2 weeks later...