Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My BEFORE pics...here to motivate the crap out of me!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:47 am 
Rabbit

So this is my thread that I intend to keep adding progress photos to.

A little about me...

Height: 163cm (5'3?)
Current weight 60kg

I've been vegan since the beginning of this year and have thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of knowing I am helping to make a small change in this world.

My goal is to be as fit and healthy as I can be for my own sake, but also to stick it to the veg haters that have the misconception that vegans aren't and cannot be healthy.

So these are my nasty before pics...
sorry for my red dot. Just not keen on having obvious pictures of me on the net with my shirt off...especially looking like this :mrgreen:

I want to lose a bit of weight, about 3-5 kg and gain a fair bit of muscle definition. I also want to increase my running endurance/speed. I have entered a 10km fun run that takes place in about 5 weeks and I would like to be able to jog the whole thing.

Post subject: Re: My BEFORE pics...here to motivate the crap out of me!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:26 am 
Finch

I love it when we get the chance to show the veg haters wrong. You look awesome and I can't wait to see your progress pics. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:04 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks! I've been pretty active since I took these pics. And am really sticking to a healthy diet-which is making me feel great! I'm going to update my pics once a month and HOPEFULLY there will be at least a BIT of a difference. My BF is currently writing me up a strength training weekly planner to follow. So this week I will get into that :D

My last run: 6km in a total of 50 mins. (Warm up walk 5 mins, followed by 9 mins running and 1 min walking repeated for a total of 4 times, then cool down walk for 5 mins)

I've been using the Nike Training Club app and my abs are really getting stronger! Can't wait til they reveal themselves a little more! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 am 
Finch

You look great compared to my fat ass!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:29 am 
Rabbit

:zunge: Thought I would make a small update with my progress.
My bodyfat percentage has dropped from 28.5% to 25.9% over the last few weeks. Haven't really lost much weight. Looking forward to uploading some more progress pics...once it looks like i've made progress that is :zunge:

As i have only just started going to the gym (which will only be once a week), I thought I would record my leg press weight.

I did quite a few reps/sets at different weights and ended up with doin 5 reps of 135 kg. This is something that I was impressed at as I haven't been to a gym or done leg press in quite a few years. I look forward to increasing this. Hopefully to 200kg by the end of the year? :mrgreen:

Edit: Managed to do 5 reps at 150kg on the leg press last sat. I also did 5 reps at 40kg of the lat pull down.

Edit (17/9/11): Upped my leg press to 160kg. I did quite a few sets at lower weights, gradually increasing the weight until I reached the 160kg. I did 1 set of 5 at this weight and then my bf convinced me that I could do 10. I did manage to push out 10, but there wasn't a wide range of movement. I think I might try to focus on getting a decent range of movement for a few weeks before I try to up the weight again.

Last edited by emma1488 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:47 pm 
Rabbit

I wanted to update my photo progress. This is about a month later from my first pics. I can see a very small difference and am very determined to see a much bigger difference over the coming months.

Weight is more or less the same but I have dropped a little bit of body fat. I've cut down on my cardio due to time restraints and not feeling very super. My 10km fun run was today, but I didn't end up going as I've been sick in bed the last 2 days and felt I owed it to my body to have a rest.

Diet wise, I've decided to start having green smoothies daily in a bid to increase my fruit intake (not a fan of fruit :psycho: ). So hopefully you'll see a difference in about a months time :)

Until then :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 pm 
Rabbit

You definitely look attractive! Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:05 pm 
Rabbit

Why thank you kind sir! Been struggling with a cold the last week. Getting a bit of cabin fever and am dying to get working out again!
This Saturday when I hit the gym I want to smash it and leave myself unable to walk :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:24 am 
Stegosaurus

You are looking great already! I'm sure you will make great progress!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:32 am 
Rabbit

Does anyone have any tips for evening out my biceps? My right arm is quite decent and is getting that sort of round 'popped' look. While my left arm is just crap and doesn't compare to my right arm. It's like I'm a crab...

I haven't ever had an injuries to cause this, my only guess is that I am right handed so it's a bit more dominant.

Would you suggest just doing more reps on my left arm?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:54 am 
Rabbit

emma1488 wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for evening out my biceps? My right arm is quite decent and is getting that sort of round 'popped' look. While my left arm is just crap and doesn't compare to my right arm. It's like I'm a crab...

I haven't ever had an injuries to cause this, my only guess is that I am right handed so it's a bit more dominant.

I'm very strongly right sided too. I'm thinking of doing more reps for everything on the left side or an extra set of each exercise for the left side. Is it just your arm? My right leg is thicker than the left too. My right peck and lat look a little bigger than the left. Basically everything on the right is a bit bigger than on the left.

When I played basically, this difference really affected my game too. I could dribble right-handed and drive to the right WAY better than to the left.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 am 
Gorilla

Your abs are coming through nice! Keep it up!

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 pm 
Rabbit

Bonn1997 wrote:
emma1488 wrote:

I'm very strongly right sided too. I'm thinking of doing more reps for everything on the left side or an extra set of each exercise for the left side. Is it just your arm? My right leg is thicker than the left too. My right peck and lat look a little bigger than the left. Basically everything on the right is a bit bigger than on the left.

When I played basically, this difference really affected my game too. I could dribble right-handed and drive to the right WAY better than to the left.

Nah, it just seems to be my left bicep that is a little piss ant. I think I will start doing an extra set on it to try and even it up. It's a lot weaker as well. I often can't lift as much with my left as I can with my right, so maybe doing extra reps at a lighter weight my help it out...?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 pm 
Finch

Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 am 
Finch

Just keep the reps and weights the same on both arms, it may take a little while, but they will even out.

Keep up the good work.