Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Couple months after going vegan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:49 pm 
Elephant

xllx wrote:
Brother really convinced me about going vegetarian and slowly to vegan about 5 months ago. I decided it was also a time to get serious with bodybuilding as well, and I heard Robert Cheeke talk in Cleveland.
I go to Ohio State and plan on lifting every day, I will probably update at the end of the quarter. Shout out to Ohioans!

Here's my before picture, yeah i ate meat before, obviously didnt help me put on any weight... Went vegan afterwards
Weight: 149lbs

2 months in small improvement.
Weight: 152-155lbs?

about 4.5 months in, back exploded

me after 5 months, pretty excited about the results
Weight: 165 lbs

taken today, about 6 months since, probably put on a little more mass
Weight: 170.6 lbs

Here's me representing in my Vegan Bodybuilding shirt today, although I'm covering it up on accident haha

And i love nuts. gimme them nuts. peanuts, cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, thats whats up

Feel free to ask me any questions
Kevin

Do you have a girlfriend?

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:07 pm 
Rabbit

nope! no girlfriend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 am 
Rabbit

Wow! You've made some great gains in a relatively short amount of time. Keep up the great work.

Don't forget to be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:13 am 
Elephant

xllx wrote:
nope! no girlfriend

:)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:49 am 
Rabbit

You have excellent balance between all upper body muscle groups. Nothing looks disproportionately over- or under-developed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:57 am 
Rabbit

Well done that's a serious Transformation you got there !
I am curious about couple things.
How tall are you ? Did you use any Protein supplements? Do you eat any soy products?
Have any idea how much Protein you get daily?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:07 pm 
Rabbit

AlexNLP wrote:
How tall are you ? Did you use any Protein supplements? Do you eat any soy products?

I'm 6'3, I had a shit ton of free vega stuff but i choke on the taste, so im trying to use that stuff. Soy pops up in everything its in a lot of stuff at trader joes/whole foods. I eat my body weight in protein. So around 160-170grams.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:42 pm 
Rabbit

xllx wrote:
AlexNLP wrote:

I'm 6'3, I had a shit ton of free vega stuff but i choke on the taste, so im trying to use that stuff. Soy pops up in everything its in a lot of stuff at trader joes/whole foods. I eat my body weight in protein. So around 160-170grams.

160 grams of Protein on a whole foods based Diet without using much Protein supplements that's pretty nice amount.
Did you bulk and cut ?
Cause in your pics it seems like you actually managed to gain lean muscle mass without fat.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:51 pm 
Rabbit

AlexNLP wrote:
xllx wrote:
AlexNLP wrote:

160 grams of Protein on a whole foods based Diet without using much Protein supplements that's pretty nice amount.
Did you bulk and cut ?
Cause in your pics it seems like you actually managed to gain lean muscle mass without fat.

beans and nuts. is everything. And no i don't bulk and cut i just gain muscle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:22 am 
Finch

Mate, you've made INSANE progress. Great job!

I'm almost exactly the same build (including height and weight) that you were in pic 1, so any extra info on how you did this would be great. What's your routine like? How much cardio are you getting? etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:45 pm 
Rabbit

TomLane wrote:

I'm almost exactly the same build (including height and weight) that you were in pic 1, so any extra info on how you did this would be great. What's your routine like? How much cardio are you getting? etc.

I did track and field for 6 years from 14-20. I had a really good base squat and legs. Squat really heavy once a week, and then I basically have alternated Chest/Tricep then Back/Bicep for months doing them whenever I recovered. Go the the gym every single frickin' day. Even to just do abs, weighted abs machine, medicine ball, balance ball, its all better than doing crunches at home. Go everyday, and push yourself.

Heres a typical week(im no expert... people have told me to not do this.. do abs whenever not sore)

Sunday - Squat heavy, then leg work, thighs and glutes
Monday - Chest/Tricep (lift heavy, 1 rep max on presses)
Tuesday - Back/Bicep(lift heavy, 1 rep max on ez bar, pullups till failure) - if your forearms hurt from yesterday, rest.
Weds - Rest(only if your forearms did not hurt from yesterday)
Thursday - Chest/Tricep(cables, dont 1 rep max, but lift in the 3-8 rep range)
Friday - Rest/do abs and go party
Saturday - Back/Bicep(wide grip and incline biceps and rows for back etc etc not 1rm)

rinse repeat, and do whatever your body feels. You feel rested and wanna go lift at 1am, go frickin do it if your gyms open. Only you know yourself. Recovery times are not always by day. If you wake up and your forearms hurt, wait till 8pm to go to the gym. You can do heavy lift days of different groups within 24 hours. I have lifted all times of days and its whenever you feel like your ready to hit it again. Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:50 pm 
Elephant

xllx wrote:
TomLane wrote:
Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

Kevin

LOVE IT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:39 pm 
Rabbit

xllx wrote:
TomLane wrote:

I did track and field for 6 years from 14-20. I had a really good base squat and legs. Squat really heavy once a week, and then I basically have alternated Chest/Tricep then Back/Bicep for months doing them whenever I recovered. Go the the gym every single frickin' day. Even to just do abs, weighted abs machine, medicine ball, balance ball, its all better than doing crunches at home. Go everyday, and push yourself.

Heres a typical week(im no expert... people have told me to not do this.. do abs whenever not sore)

Sunday - Squat heavy, then leg work, thighs and glutes
Monday - Chest/Tricep (lift heavy, 1 rep max on presses)
Tuesday - Back/Bicep(lift heavy, 1 rep max on ez bar, pullups till failure) - if your forearms hurt from yesterday, rest.
Weds - Rest(only if your forearms did not hurt from yesterday)
Thursday - Chest/Tricep(cables, dont 1 rep max, but lift in the 3-8 rep range)
Friday - Rest/do abs and go party
Saturday - Back/Bicep(wide grip and incline biceps and rows for back etc etc not 1rm)

rinse repeat, and do whatever your body feels. You feel rested and wanna go lift at 1am, go frickin do it if your gyms open. Only you know yourself. Recovery times are not always by day. If you wake up and your forearms hurt, wait till 8pm to go to the gym. You can do heavy lift days of different groups within 24 hours. I have lifted all times of days and its whenever you feel like your ready to hit it again. Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

Kevin

You do way more upper body than lower body work? If you keep adding upper body mass, I would think your legs would have trouble supporting that mass eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:47 pm 
Elephant

xllx wrote:
rinse repeat, and do whatever your body feels. You feel rested and wanna go lift at 1am, go frickin do it if your gyms open. Only you know yourself. Recovery times are not always by day. If you wake up and your forearms hurt, wait till 8pm to go to the gym. You can do heavy lift days of different groups within 24 hours. I have lifted all times of days and its whenever you feel like your ready to hit it again.

You said it, brother. You're the effing Buddha, you're so smart. I've been saying this for years but you look better sayin' it. :D Keep on sayin' it and being a visual aid. I'm right behind ya.

Baby Herc

Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:11 pm 
Rabbit

Bonn1997 wrote:
You do way more upper body than lower body work? If you keep adding upper body mass, I would think your legs would have trouble supporting that mass eventually.

I already squat over 300lbs. I just realized you can't see my legs in any of the pics. I also walk 5+ miles a day on a college campus, and do intramural sports, and I sprint. Legs are workin' man, trust me. Once a week is PLENTY