Couple months after going vegan - updated!

Mate, you've made INSANE progress. Great job!

I'm almost exactly the same build (including height and weight) that you were in pic 1, so any extra info on how you did this would be great. What's your routine like? How much cardio are you getting? etc.

I did track and field for 6 years from 14-20. I had a really good base squat and legs. Squat really heavy once a week, and then I basically have alternated Chest/Tricep then Back/Bicep for months doing them whenever I recovered. Go the the gym every single frickin' day. Even to just do abs, weighted abs machine, medicine ball, balance ball, its all better than doing crunches at home. Go everyday, and push yourself.

Heres a typical week(im no expert... people have told me to not do this.. do abs whenever not sore)

Sunday - Squat heavy, then leg work, thighs and glutes

Monday - Chest/Tricep (lift heavy, 1 rep max on presses)

Tuesday - Back/Bicep(lift heavy, 1 rep max on ez bar, pullups till failure) - if your forearms hurt from yesterday, rest.

Weds - Rest(only if your forearms did not hurt from yesterday)

Thursday - Chest/Tricep(cables, dont 1 rep max, but lift in the 3-8 rep range)

Friday - Rest/do abs and go party

Saturday - Back/Bicep(wide grip and incline biceps and rows for back etc etc not 1rm)

rinse repeat, and do whatever your body feels. You feel rested and wanna go lift at 1am, go frickin do it if your gyms open. Only you know yourself. Recovery times are not always by day. If you wake up and your forearms hurt, wait till 8pm to go to the gym. You can do heavy lift days of different groups within 24 hours. I have lifted all times of days and its whenever you feel like your ready to hit it again. Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

Kevin

Mate, you've made INSANE progress. Great job!

I'm almost exactly the same build (including height and weight) that you were in pic 1, so any extra info on how you did this would be great. What's your routine like? How much cardio are you getting? etc.

I did track and field for 6 years from 14-20. I had a really good base squat and legs. Squat really heavy once a week, and then I basically have alternated Chest/Tricep then Back/Bicep for months doing them whenever I recovered. Go the the gym every single frickin' day. Even to just do abs, weighted abs machine, medicine ball, balance ball, its all better than doing crunches at home. Go everyday, and push yourself.

Heres a typical week(im no expert... people have told me to not do this.. do abs whenever not sore)

Sunday - Squat heavy, then leg work, thighs and glutes

Monday - Chest/Tricep (lift heavy, 1 rep max on presses)

Tuesday - Back/Bicep(lift heavy, 1 rep max on ez bar, pullups till failure) - if your forearms hurt from yesterday, rest.

Weds - Rest(only if your forearms did not hurt from yesterday)

Thursday - Chest/Tricep(cables, dont 1 rep max, but lift in the 3-8 rep range)

Friday - Rest/do abs and go party

Saturday - Back/Bicep(wide grip and incline biceps and rows for back etc etc not 1rm)

rinse repeat, and do whatever your body feels. You feel rested and wanna go lift at 1am, go frickin do it if your gyms open. Only you know yourself. Recovery times are not always by day. If you wake up and your forearms hurt, wait till 8pm to go to the gym. You can do heavy lift days of different groups within 24 hours. I have lifted all times of days and its whenever you feel like your ready to hit it again. Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

Kevin

You do way more upper body than lower body work? If you keep adding upper body mass, I would think your legs would have trouble supporting that mass eventually.

rinse repeat, and do whatever your body feels. You feel rested and wanna go lift at 1am, go frickin do it if your gyms open. Only you know yourself. Recovery times are not always by day. If you wake up and your forearms hurt, wait till 8pm to go to the gym. You can do heavy lift days of different groups within 24 hours. I have lifted all times of days and its whenever you feel like your ready to hit it again.

You said it, brother. You're the effing Buddha, you're so smart. I've been saying this for years but you look better sayin' it. Keep on sayin' it and being a visual aid. I'm right behind ya.

Baby Herc

You do way more upper body than lower body work? If you keep adding upper body mass, I would think your legs would have trouble supporting that mass eventually.

I already squat over 300lbs. I just realized you can't see my legs in any of the pics. I also walk 5+ miles a day on a college campus, and do intramural sports, and I sprint. Legs are workin' man, trust me. Once a week is PLENTY

I already squat over 300lbs. I just realized you can't see my legs in any of the pics. I also walk 5+ miles a day on a college campus, and do intramural sports, and I sprint. Legs are workin' man, trust me. Once a week is PLENTY

Good points! Please show pics of the legs!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...