Holy shit. Creatine.

Do the calculators account for the insane amount of weight you are lifting? I weigh 140 now and it tells me 2000 to maintain, but im a chick.

They account for strenuous exercise, yes. Just to be safe I average 3 of the best I have found, and add 250-500 to that.

I know my muscle growth isn't stalling because I am getting ridiculously strong. Which is why I am not completely flipping out.

I need to come up with another 250 kcal for a solid 4000 kcal a day.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's creatine, it's made up of 3 amino acids. It's harmless. All it does is recruit water to the muscle cells to super hydrate them. If you take too much, you pee it out.

I've been on it for 2 months. I go to the doctor next month, I'll have em run a liver panel and post the results.

I was taking 10g of creatine a day, but did more research. The human body makes about 1g itself and 2lbs of meat has about 1g of creatine. So I dropped it down to 5g, just wasteful.

i still think it is harmful, since it is processed stuff, not whole food.

like sugar, it is good for you when it is in fruits, because there are also vitamins and fiber, etc... but if you eat processed sugar, it is very bad for health...

It's creatine, it's made up of 3 amino acids. It's harmless. All it does is recruit water to the muscle cells to super hydrate them. If you take too much, you pee it out.

I've been on it for 2 months. I go to the doctor next month, I'll have em run a liver panel and post the results.

I was taking 10g of creatine a day, but did more research. The human body makes about 1g itself and 2lbs of meat has about 1g of creatine. So I dropped it down to 5g, just wasteful.

like sugar, it is good for you when it is in fruits, because there are also vitamins and fiber, etc... but if you eat processed sugar, it is very bad for health...

I'll agree to disagree here.

OK! I ordered some creatine, I'll let you know if my head falls out of my asshole

Was is micronized. Did you order Optimum Nutrition, or something from True Protein, or something that is verified to be made by non-oriental corporations? Cause that china creatine is SHIT.

The German and American made stuff is the best. They combine and bind the amino acids in a lab but the amino acids are plant derived.

Honestly, 5g a day, your body deals with more environmental toxins than that daily. I wouldn't worry.

Yeah it is German as far as I know, I ordered from MyProtein.com.

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/creatine_monohydrate

I looked at micronized, but it said that the purity was 99.99%, but regular creatine monohydrate is 99.9% pure... so the difference didn't seem so much and it's the same company

If it's not micronized it's gonna go right through you man.

Are you saying that everybody who buys regular creatine has the shits? Haha. I watched a vid on youtube, a dude showed that regular creatine does dissolve a lot slower, but he said that if you wait for it to dissolve properly, then it will work the same as micronized. But the micronized dissolved pretty much right away in comparison. Once it is dissolved though, why would the regular creatine be less effective or cause problems?

Are you saying that everybody who buys regular creatine has the shits? Haha. I watched a vid on youtube, a dude showed that regular creatine does dissolve a lot slower, but he said that if you wait for it to dissolve properly, then it will work the same as micronized. But the micronized dissolved pretty much right away in comparison. Once it is dissolved though, why would the regular creatine be less effective or cause problems?

Eh, just seems more usable by your body even if you don't get the poops.

This is exactly what puts me off creatine as a long-term supplement.

CY- how long do you plan to stay on the stuff? Or are you playing by ear at this point?

TL.

The following is why I will never take creatine.

Back in my bodybuilding heyday, I knew an ex-Marine bodybuilder named Josh. He naturally put on muscle so fast that he had to ease off his leg routines here and there so his quads wouldn't split his pants wide open. He had one of the most incredibly balanced forms I'd ever seen, reminiscent of a smaller Schwarzenegger. We used to climb dry waterfalls together in Colorado while I gave him advice on his girlfriends.

One day, he announced to me that he was going to supplement with creatine. I gave him a quizzical look and asked him why in the hell he thought he needed that since he already had it so easy in the gym. I think he might have suffered from Muscle Dysmorphia, where a guy is obsessed with being bigger and never feels big enough, sort of like the reverse of anorexia. He said he was a skinny kid growing up although I could never imagine it.

Anyway, I didn't see him in the gym for three months, then he showed up all of a sudden. I did a double take and then stared at him. I almost didn't recognize him. His face was all sunken around the cheeks and eyes, like a corpse, and his skin was actually grey. I'm not joking: grey. All the color was gone, like the life was sucked out of him. His mass wasn't much different but he was missing fat in a way that made him look like an alien. Not one to ignore things, I walked right up to him and asked him what the hell was going on. He dodged the topic a bit but I got it out of him eventually that he had been using creatine.

A few months after that, I saw him again. He appeared normal now, healthy and fit. He thanked me for pointing out how awful he had looked and confessed that nobody else had the guts to tell him to his face except for his girlfriend and I. He said it scared the shit out of him how serious he let it get and he wouldn't do it again. He never told me how much he was taking.

To this day, I can still see his skin. Gives me the willies. I'll never take the stuff.

Baby Herc

I agree with vege. I'd never take all these supplements. It may help you to improve faster. But we don't really know how healthy this is for the long run. I mean old times we were getting all our nutrition from nature and we didn't need any supplements. You can't compare thousands years of evolution to couple decades of research on supplements. We are still far from understanding the human body. Not to mention western science treats it like a machine and not in a holistic way. If we knew it all we wouldn't have so much people getting sicker and sicker.

I didn't see research on Creatine. But there is a huge research on Vitamin supplements like Vitamin A,C etc.

They found that the supplements they were checking had a lil effect or no effect at all. Some even raised the risk for cancer.

Our body systems evolved to accept foods in its whole natural package and break it down. Do we really know what happens for the long run when we give it just the wrapping.

The only supplement I would take would be B12 cause today we don't get it naturally anyway.

Okay, had a workout, and didn't feel any different so far. My face felt pretty hot though, that's the only thing I noticed during the workout. However, this is the first time I've worked out after working at my new job which is an 11 hour day. So I guess I should expect to be fatigued, but I did alright. Thing I notice most now is that I don't feel tired from the work out. I'll keep taking it and see what happens. Definitely no diarrhea or cramps so far. Before I drank it, I made sure it had completely dissolved in the water.

You won't notice much if anything for a few days. I suggest loading at 25g for 5 days, you've been Vegan for a while, you only produce about 1g of your own creatine daily, it will take a few days for your muscles to become saturated. And drink a metric fuck ton of water. 1+ gallon a day (3.78+ Liters . You will start to retain water and your muscles will become super hydrated.

You're not going to be moving cars, but you will get an extra few reps, and a little more gas, most likely.