Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Back Acne.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 pm 
Gorilla

Well my time off weightlifting has been clearing up my bacne nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:37 am 
Rabbit

My friend in high school had this same thing and I told him you have to change your pillowcase and sheets every week! He did and he has not had any acne since.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 pm 
Manatee

I gathered many vegan solutions to acne over the years.

First, check if you're allergic to anything. If you can't afford to go to the doctors, there is still hope:
1) write down everything you eat in a month. Then eliminate the thongs you eat several times a day, or even just the things you eat everyday, for several weeks. See if there are any improvements. Add one item back at a time.
2) use only soaps, shampoos/conditioners & face washes that are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free &/or for sensitive skin. Dessert essence has fragrance-free shampoo/conditioner, Audrey has a line of face products for sensitive skin, and Nutribiotic has a hypoallergenic & fragrance-free body wash. I'm sure there are other brands out there, but I can't think of any others that are vegan right now.

Second, make sure you're getting enough EFA's (omegas 3, 6, & 9). They are vital for every living cell in the body, and not getting enough can give one acne (if nothing else). A few companies have a liquid form such as Vega, Udo, & even Now, that are vegan as far as I know. Never cook with them, but rather, add them to shakes, or drizzle it over food that isn't scalding. About 2 or more tbsp a day should do wonders in not too long. Pill forms exist too. If you prefer getting them from the source, along with some other goodies like fiber, eat more freshly ground flax seeds ($20 coffee grinder reserved for nuts and seeds is perfect), whole or freshly ground chia seeds, and even the new savi seeds (can't remember their real name, but sequel sells them).

Third, consider doing a bowel cleanse. Even if one is eating well, some foods may have remained in the gut & simply stayed there, especially if one has food allergies or intolerances, or if they previously ate poorly. This can poison the body on a regular basis, forcing it to try to cleans itself in other ways, since its not coming out the way it should. The skin is a substitute. A great vegan cleans to start with is from Renew Life. They have a first cleans for people who have never done one before, or if its been over a year. Their gentle formula minimizes the healing crisis often experienced with cleanse, such as headaches, bloating, constipation, acne, etc. Toxins like to fight their way out, ya know.

Fourth, always make sure you're getting enough eater and quality fiber (soluble & insoluble).

Fifth, taking your multi-vitamins & minerals is great, but if one doesn't drink enough water with them, they might not be properly diluted & so the body tries to rid itself of them because they are too concentrated for the liver, so acne can occur.

Sixth, bentonite clay! Awesome stuff. Make a paste out of it with water, or even add some drops of tea tree & lavender essential oil with water for added benefit. Dab it on, or spread it all over where you normally get acne if you don't have dry skin, let it dry (about 10-15 mins) and rince with water. Use a witchhazel toner or aloe vera & then add some more tea tree & lavender essential oil to dab & let dry. Moisturizer if you have dry skin. Dessert essence even has a whole skin line of acne prone tea tree oil care. If you have never used any of these products before, don't forget to skin patch test them in your inner elbows, in case you're allergic or sensitive. If sensitive to the essential oils, which most people aren't btw, try diluting them with almond or jojoba oil or something.

Hope this helps <3