Yummy cookies from Post Punk Kitchen

timetide

This is a blatant plug for vegan cookie recipes at Post Punk Kitchen (http://www.theppk.com) . . . a site I'm in no way affiliated with, by the way . . .

I've been vegan for just over a year and a half and was vegetarian for about 20 years before that. As a vegetarian, I used to do a lot of baking, especially around the holidays. I often gave gifts of baked goods or brought them to potlucks, etc. Since going vegan, I've done less baking (partly because I'm unfamiliar with it and partly because I'm eating more raw/healthy/unprocessed food in my diet), but this year I have three potluck events this weekend and decided to try three new cookie recipes from Post Punk Kitchen (and take a mix to all three events).

Anyway, I tried Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles, Chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies and Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. They are all relatively simple and GREAT! I think my favorite are the Chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip (moist, chewy and brownie-like, but not too sweet), but they all are really good. The oatmeal ones are heartier and less sweet and the Mexican chocolate ones have a really nice spicey afterburn!

Anyway, YEAH for vegan cookies!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I love vegan cookies but it is really hard to get them anywhere and I neither can cook nor can bake so I can't make myself those kind of cookies. So the only thing I can go for when it comes to sweets right now are vegan dark chocolates. I love it but still no cookies. Are there any shops where I can buy such cookies? Are there any recommendations one can possibly make?