Need help on getting more protein

Hello

I am a 21 year old male, and its difficult for me to get plenty of proteins for several reasons. First I don't consume meat. Second, I am tall (6'4") so I need to consume a lot more protein that normal people. Most of my protein comes from soy milk, beans, and potatoes. Yet that is not enough, I still look really slim. What protein sources would you recommend me? It could be anything from protein powders to vegan foods.

I really need to bulk up because I am really thin for my height. I am 6'4" and weigh 162 lbs. I would great appreciate any recommendations on protein supplements.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
Quinoa! Amazing source of protein 7 grams for only 1/4 a cup! And 1/4 of a cup is really nothing and you could easily eat 2 cups for a meal, which would be 56 grams of protein.

That's 7g of protein per 1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa. It swells to nearly four times the size when cooked. So two cups of cooked Quinoa has about 16g protein only. Still it is a great option... it's a whole protein and contains all the essential amino acids.

Edited by Vegercize

Quinoa! Amazing source of protein 7 grams for only 1/4 a cup! And 1/4 of a cup is really nothing and you could easily eat 2 cups for a meal, which would be 56 grams of protein.

That's 7g of protein per 1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa. It swells to nearly four times the size when cooked. So two cups of cooked Quinoa has about 16g protein only. Still it is a great option... it's a whole protein and contains all the essential amino acids.

Oh, I never knew that, I wish you could just eat Quinoa raw without having to sprout to get that 56 grams of protein. Thanks for the info though. Edited by Tyler14

Tell me about it - when I finally got below 230, my mom started asking me if I was still making sure to eat enough! She seems to think that I look "healthiest" when I'm at my largest, even if I'm a bloated mess, and anything under around 240 is small to her

Yeah whats with mothers! Mine is the same also.