Son of a butcher has turned vegan

Nutritious

Thought i would introduce myself before i make anymore posts. I'm 21 and decided to become vegan as of last week. I am so happy about this decision and i will never look back. I recently came across a documentary called Earthlings which I'm sure most of you will be familiar with and it horrified me that i went through life like most people neglecting the truth of what happens behind the scenes. After watching the documentary i was so disgusted in myself for funding these people all my life and never knowing the truth or in other words not wanting to know the truth. I cannot the remember the last time i cried and feel ashamed for not wanting to find this information out earlier on.

My father was also a head butcher for most of his working life and he doesn't know that I'm vegan as of yet but i think he will not judge or treat me any different once he finds out as he is a great dad.

I have been involved in fitness all my life and took up bodybuilding when i was 18. I look forward to becoming apart of this community and getting to know you all. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic, it's one of the most positive change we can do in our life, congratulation for your new lifestyle!!

Take it slow, feel good about your decision, don't be to discouraged by people. And don't forget to spend some time on vegan health and nutrition... being healthy on a plant based diet is part of it!

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/dailyrecs