New from NY (state not the big city)

jmiller

Hi! I'm new to the forum, just finishing up RC's Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness book. I've been lifting regularly for about 18 months. I compete in professional timbersport competitions and do a bit of running (5Ks, Warrior Dash and hope to add the Tough Mudder and Spartan Race to next year's docket). I just wrapped up my 9th season in timbersports. It's been my best year competing due in part to strength training and some other large factors (training my tail off and my jack & jill partner pushing my abilities).

I've joined up here to gain some more knowledge base to continue my lifting in the off season and though I've been a vegetarian for 12 years, I have made the moral choice to move into veganism. My husband and son do not participate in this movement I'm embarking on and it's not a choice I can force either one to make. I am passionate about my sports, goals and of course my life and family. I look forward to learning from those who have "been there, done that." I'm not sure if professional bodybuilding and fitness competitions are in my future but I am very intrigued by those who do. Such drive.

Thanks for letting me be a part of the fun here!

• 4 weeks later...