Angelina Jolie near death from vegan diet, malnutrition [Pho

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus

Angelina Jolie near death from vegan diet, malnutrition [Pho

#1 Postby Vegan Joe » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Angelina Jolie near death from vegan diet, malnutrition [Photos]

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-fitne ... ion-photos

Angelina Jolie was left close to death after committing to a vegan diet. She says the diet left her fatigued and malnourished. Two side-effects of the diet that had her running back to red meat.

"I joke that a big juicy steak is my beauty secret. But seriously, I love red meat," the 35-year-old mother of six told Contactmusic.com. I was a vegan for a long time, and it nearly killed me. I found I was not getting enough nutrition."

Angelina Jolie: Anorexic?

In 2009, criticism of Angelina's skeletal frame led to rumors the actress was suffering from anorexia, depression or relationship problems with Brad Pitt.

"Some feel she’s anorexic,” a source close to Jolie said in November 2009. “Certainly, she’s lost a lot of weight. If she drops more weight she’ll be just skin and bone.”

Because Angelina's always maintained a small frame, the rumors may have been associated with her vegetarian diet. For now, she's sticking to meat on her plate for top energy in taking care of her kiddos -Son Maddox, nine, Pax, six, Zahara, five, Shiloh, four, and two-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.

What other famous faces have ditched the vegan diet?

Julia Stiles was left apologizing for bashing the vegan lifestyle after she voiced how "great" it was to end it. She ate vegan for two years, it left her ...

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

beforewisdom
Stegosaurus

Re: Angelina Jolie near death from vegan diet, malnutrition

#2 Postby beforewisdom » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:24 pm

Odd, someone wrote something today how she tried veganism but could not do it because she kept craving meat.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Dallas
Rabbit

#3 Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Alot of women try to eat really light and this causes malnutrition. I wish she'd tell us her diet so we could recommend things she's lacking.

Richard
Site Admin

#4 Postby Richard » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:06 am

Not enough nutrition? Hah! If you're vegan, and you're not getting enough "nutrition", surely that just means you're not eating enough, or what you've chosen to eat has few "nutritients". But of course, just saying "not enough nutrition" is to generalize nutrition to an imbecilic level, and makes you sound like a moron from the get go. Her own ignorance is what left her feeling fatigued, not veganism, this is so stupid

Cold Fission
Gorilla

#5 Postby Cold Fission » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:50 am

Richard wrote:Not enough nutrition? Hah! If you're vegan, and you're not getting enough "nutrition", surely that just means you're not eating enough, or what you've chosen to eat has few "nutritients". But of course, just saying "not enough nutrition" is to generalize nutrition to an imbecilic level, and makes you sound like a moron from the get go. Her own ignorance is what left her feeling fatigued, not veganism, this is so stupid

Thats what i was going to say lol
I love you (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡

medman
Gorilla

#6 Postby medman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:08 am

I'd like to venture a guess that it was the anorexia and depression that was making her feel fatigued...

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#7 Postby VeganEssentials » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 pm

medman wrote:I'd like to venture a guess that it was the anorexia and depression that was making her feel fatigued...

Not to mention the Hollywood "insider" rumors that she's pretty much a walking pharmacy for certain substances that nobody should be touching with a 10-foot pole....
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

Marcina
Elephant

#8 Postby Marcina » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:02 am

If you don't eat, you get sick. PERIOD.
If you're on a diet consisting of fucking lemons and romaine lettuce, gee.. I wonder what will happen? Besides, Angelina has had this problem in the past.
She's even admitted to cutting herself. She's into self-destructive behaviour.

ICanDoThis
Manatee

#9 Postby ICanDoThis » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Vegan Joe wrote:Angelina Jolie near death from vegan diet, malnutrition [Photos]

Angelina Jolie was left close to death after committing to a vegan diet. She says the diet left her fatigued and malnourished. Two side-effects of the diet that had her running back to red meat.

"I joke that a big juicy steak is my beauty secret. But seriously, I love red meat," the 35-year-old mother of six told Contactmusic.com. I was a vegan for a long time, and it nearly killed me. I found I was not getting enough nutrition."

In 2009, criticism of Angelina's skeletal frame led to rumors the actress was suffering from anorexia, depression or relationship problems with Brad Pitt.

I've been vegan since May and have experienced the exact opposite. Weight (150 to 157) & strength (heavier weights & more reps) are up. Energy is up. Mood is up. I feel great. Way better than I ever felt as a meat eater. I'm never going back. Ever.
Kick Ass & Conquer!

Petitpois
Rabbit

#10 Postby Petitpois » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Vegans: Beware of getting enough "nutrition"! :lol:

But I find it problematic that vegan health seems very much confused, from this video below, many of vegans from London had B12 deficiency. Thats really bad for veganism... things should be easier for people. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRVrtqy-3NA&feature=player_embedded

jungleinthefrunk
Gorilla

#11 Postby jungleinthefrunk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Isn't she on dope?
Darth Vader from Sandlot once said, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Then he later died.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurenHarrisonAnbfPro
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeeeeech
https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#12 Postby VeganEssentials » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:58 pm

jungleinthefrunk wrote:Isn't she on dope?

I've heard it rumored before, wouldn't be too surprised based on how sickly she looks in so many photos these days.
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

jungleinthefrunk
Gorilla

#13 Postby jungleinthefrunk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 pm

so is angelina saying she can outlift me because she went back to meat?
Darth Vader from Sandlot once said, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Then he later died.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurenHarrisonAnbfPro
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeeeeech
https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#14 Postby VeganEssentials » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:07 pm

jungleinthefrunk wrote:so is angelina saying she can outlift me because she went back to meat?

I smell a contest coming on! You and Angelina each choose 3 lifts, highest overall total poundage wins! :lol:

Tyler14
Rabbit

#15 Postby Tyler14 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Richard wrote:Not enough nutrition? Hah! If you're vegan, and you're not getting enough "nutrition", surely that just means you're not eating enough, or what you've chosen to eat has few "nutritients". But of course, just saying "not enough nutrition" is to generalize nutrition to an imbecilic level, and makes you sound like a moron from the get go. Her own ignorance is what left her feeling fatigued, not veganism, this is so stupid

Exactly what I was going to say. She's using the whole "Vegan is bad" to cover up the fact that she's just wasn't eating enough in the first place.
"Pay now for healthier food, or pay later to treat the symptoms of disease as a result of poor nutrition" Whole Foods to Thrive, Brendan Brazier.

Return to “General Discussion”