Howdy from Texas

hellguy

Hi y'all. My name is John and I am a Texan. Well, not so much as I used to be. I was old school. Ex military. I worked out the old fashioned way by using meat as a primary protein. Not anymore.

I've been out of weight lifting for a while but my young son(13) is wanting to give it a go so I am back. It's a great father and son thing.

Last Christmas my wife and I started weight watchers. After dropping 30 pounds and hitting my plateau I started wanting more. With an open mind I watched a few documentaries and soon toyed with the idea of a vegetarian lifestyle. My son and I went veggie about a month ago and I feel great. One of the up sides to this is that a skin problem of 16 years went away almost overnight. I am hooked. I still like dairyand use some of it to supplement my diet. But the fact that an undiagnosed and seemingly incurable foot problem is gone is enough to convince me.

Now I hope to learn as much as I can and get back into top form from my Army days. I plan to take full advantage of the knowledge to be found here and become the best I can be.

Honestly? Getting up at 330 to workout is rough. I know it will be well worth it though. This forum is really helping motivate me. Plus, I can finally ask questions to things I did not know and had no one to ask. Love this site!

Sent from my DROID X2