Vegan for 3 years. Food intake help.

5'10" 25 years old

180 pounds (prolly could easily lose 15 pounds).

Vegan for 3 years and counting.

Trying to eat a good balance of fruit, veggies, legumes, and nuts.. I walk about 10 miles a day, and have not started a solid training program yet.

I want to get into Calisthenics and be strong light and quick LIKE ==> http://www.facebook.com/frank.medrano1

I will be posting my daily meals here for a while and would like to get some input about the quantities, qualities, and how many mini meals should i break this up too. Anything to help me out.

I have been eating like this for almost 3 years now, but figure i would like to take my fitness to the next level.

Thanks!!

Todays nutrition in a nutshell. (all organic).

1 Apple.

1 Orange.

1 Banana

1/2 cucumber

1 tomato

1/2 head lettuce

1 baked potato

handful italian kale

2/3 cup dry lentils (boileD)

2/3 cup dry brown rice (boileD)

1/4 cup raw oats

handful of almonds

Dose of apple cider vinegar, balsalmic, and flax oil.

+ raw vitamin code

• 2 weeks later...

Today i weighed in @ 172.5 and my scale said i had 22% body fat.

I have been eating a fairly balanced diet now. I swap out different fruits and veggies.

Since Winter is here now i have been incorporating a lot of root based veggies (potato, squash, sweet potato, etc)

I would like to drop down to 10% body fat. That means i have 12% to lose or roughly 20 pounds.

The only weight i really have left to lose is around my stomach region.

I have been wearing a pedometer @ work as well. I have been walking roughly 32,000 steps per day (10miles) , monday - friday (100+ miles per week).

I have a very very active job (basically paid to walk and push carts and assemblies).

What can i do to drop that extra weight?

Thanks for the help!

Well I am no nutritionist or weight loss expert, but I think weight training will definitely help. What you do all day at work is active, yes. But if it's something you do all day every day, not only is your body is most likely adapted to it, but it also probably isn't intense enough if it's something you can keep up for sustained periods of time. You need to up the intensity. In my opinion, half an hour of super intense working out is going to have a bigger impact on your body than an entire day of walking. If you're short on time, I suggest doing your research on weight training, utilizing supersets (which will keep the intensity up, and make the workout faster, giving you more time!) and HIIT cardio. Remember the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism, and the better your body is at burning fat and staying lean so resistance training is really great for keeping a lower body fat %.

As for the diet, I personally wouldn't have so much fruit, carbs and starchy veg if I was going for fat loss. I know you have a job which requires energy throughout the day, but maybe think about cutting down on the rice, fruit and potatoes just a tad, especially later on in the day. Instead maybe try more leafy/green veg like cabbage and broccoli, and up the protein. For example, in the first post, I would ALMOST switch the meals around completely. I personally would keep breakfast the same, have the nuts as a mid morning snack, then the lentils rice and oats in the middle of the day (maybe replace either rice or oats for fibrous green or leafy veg, as you probably don't need two carb sources in the one meal...) more nuts for afternoon snack, and the 2nd meal for dinner, replacing the potato with a protein source (such as soy, tofu, wheat gluten, or "fake meat" product) Have the raw vitamin code after training and before bed.

I'm not a nutritionist or an expert, so make sure you know what you're doing or consult a professional before making any drastic changes this is just what I would do personally.