Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Post ED Recovery
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:09 pm 
Rabbit

The great thing about eating vegan is you can stuff yourself to your hearts content, and not gain weight. So it's a natural way for dealing with your ED. I eat lots of oats and oat based meals. My breakfasts are usually a large (1cup) bowl of oatmeal with a huge dose of fresh fruit and milled flax seed with almond or coconut milk.
Lunch is always some fresh salad of spinach with raisins and oil and soy sauce. Or some version of cole slaw with veganaise.

I make homemade vegan burgers from lentils or chick peas (lentils dark "meat", chick peas light "meat" lol)
I eat lots of whole grain rice, pasta, veggie pastas, lentil/barely/veggie soups, etc.

After a workout, I love mixed nuts topped with honey (oops, my one non-vegan weakness) and cinnamin...
Or try mixing natural peanut butter with molasses, almond milk, and some cheerios.

My point is, if you stick to these high fiber foods, you can literally eat as much as you wish, and you'll maintain your natural weight.
Good luck, and if you want to talk more, I'd love to at eliwurth@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:26 am 
Gorilla

I personally have a shake an hr before working out if I'm going in at the crack of dawn. I found I recovered better between sets. Again depends on what your doing, time of day, is it a late workout/early ect. If I've had a meal or two/ it's a late workout then I won't have one until Im done.

My advice is too read/post/google & base something you think will work for you. You can then begin to tweak things.

All the best

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:35 am 
Gorilla

Eli Wurth wrote:
The great thing about eating vegan is you can stuff yourself to your hearts content, and not gain weight.

Not to call you out, but this statement is not true because it's all about calories in/calories out. What you eat determines how much of it you can eat. For example, there's a big difference between eating a ton of spinach and eating a ton of nuts because of how many calories they contain respectively.

That said, I agree that it's really all about hitting your protein needs and then figuring out what works best for your body. Some people do better with high fat/low carb because of the satiety factor and the opposite is true.
Just remember that your mental health is just as important as your physical health. So, take the time to find out what works best for you - mentally and physically - before you commit to setting your macro-intake as it really is able calories in/calories out so, other than hitting your protein, you could really divide the rest up however satisfies you and keeps you happy.

IRON MNTN // LOG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 am 
Manatee

Life long battle w/ an Ed since 14.,,,I'm 50. It's like signs along the way, you do figure it out, and I started exercising hard and running at 18 -19 and haven't really dieted since then. Watched my weight but not diet. You look beautiful. For all my years running and weight training, I still would love to be over 5'7" and tall and lean!

How do you like Plant Fusion? I got really sick with...went back to VEGA but only the chocolate protein, tastes to die for mixed w/ coffee on a cold morning or cold coffee as a mid day iced mocha.