this is me

I don't know about you, but I'm lifting purely for vanity now. I want to LOOK like I am in shape. When I was military I was in great shape but didn't look it. Now I want to look the part.

Where the attitude goes, the mind goes. Where the mind goes, the body goes. Where the body goes, others will follow.

I have the health aspect also. That's why I chose to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle. But the weights are for vanity. Cardio for fat loss and also endurance.

Where the attitude goes, the mind goes. Where the mind goes, the body goes. Where the body goes, others will follow.

Yeah true, I've been vegetarian for nearly ten years and vegan for about a year and a half, I've always been strict with no animal products but got lazy with eating fatty vegan food so decided to lose the pudding, joined the gym and got sucked in to weights haha so I'm eating extremely healthy again but the fat loss has kinda taken a back seat to putting on muscle, but I'm going for the mentality of once I start losing the fat and I've got a nice ambling of muscle underneath then that's even better, plus eating so well my energy levels have gone through the roof even though I am working two jobs, so I guess my metabolisms going into over drive so the fat should just go anyways, I might start introducing light cardio into my non lifting days just to give myself a boost, what day recon?

A little extra cardio never hurts. I'm getting close to winter clothes time so I am considering a bulk over my Christmas break. Then add the cardio back and try to get to about 10% body fat just in time to hit the lake next year.

Basically, bulking involves more calories. Enough extra protein and carbs to add muscle. Fat gains come with it. There is little to no cardio.

Cutting requires lots of cardio and a reduction in calories to burn fat. The trick in cutting is to not eliminate too many nutrients and end up losing muscle.

Either of these are usually done in phases of varying lengths.

I've been told by some that the winter is good for bulking. Just before it warms up they will cut. I still have too much fat but I wanna bulk a little anyway.

I am thinking that whatever I am lifting after the bulk I will continue and try to get max reps at that weight. I don't wanna get huge, just big enough to fill out my clothes.