What's Your Secret for Losing Weight?

divamom

ummmm...eat less, move more. its a formula, I didn't make it up, but its pretty standard in weight loss. I said that to a good friend once who was bitching about her 15 pounds. She said it shut her up and she lost it and has maintained it for years. It could be the title of a book, as its really the secre and underlying basis to weight loss, only it is soooo easy, noone wants to do it.

I take my mind off of losing weight and put it instead on something fun that produces a healthy body as a side effect. For instance, I love lifting weights, hiking, and dancing because they feel good. The fact that they give me a great silhouette is a bonus. I became raw vegan because it feels fantastic mentally, physically, and emotionally. The fact that I'm wearing smaller clothes now is just another bonus. Whenever I focus too closely on the goal, I often get distracted by the fact that I'm not there yet. When I shift my focus to something with immediate gratification that does the job anyway, all I have to focus on is having fun. Right now, I'm doing whatever I want and eating everything in sight and I'm seeing results every week, effortlessly. It's powerful.

Baby Herc

• 2 weeks later...
ummmm...eat less, move more. its a formula, I didn't make it up, but its pretty standard in weight loss.

You hit the nail on the head. Calories in vs. calories out.

If you know the amount of calories you need to maintain your current weight, you decrease them by 500, keep your protein high (around 1g of LBM) and then set your carb and fat intake to your personal preference so that you're satisfied while still consuming less calories. Keeps you sane while you lose weight.