Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 80/10/10 diet
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:35 pm 
Stegosaurus

veggieprincess wrote:
I firmly believe that a Vegan diet can start to age you backwards WHEN DONE PROPERLY (healthy fats, healthy amount of protein, fruits, veggies, legumes and small quantities of grains)

It is true, since I've been eating vegan I lost all of my body hair, my voice is high and I am now only 3ft tall :)

Nice to see you around Melissa :)

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 pm 
Finch

Greetings, I read most of the comments about the 811 diet.
~I found out about it through Youtube, then I checked out the 30BAD site again promoting the diet. I jumped in wit the fruits to find a balance with my nutrition and one that would compliment my exercise and my digestive system....something simple and fits into the budget.

**It's been 60 days now....there have been changes...better improvement in digestion, skin, cycle, etc....I put down the nuts (cashews, almonds)...and went the no overt fat way...Don't want the fat, don't eat the fat!!! I wasn't thinking about bulking, or increasing muscle or competition. My exercise mainly cardio had to do with running the miles & good stretching.

**Someone wanting to bulk....would prob need to eat some more fats....as of now, this is what I have been doing!!

**Do I follow 811 to the T, of-course not...didn't even get the book, have saw the vids!! I just mainly eat fruits & veg when I'm in the mood!! If not its Green Smoothies....have I noticed a RISE in my energy!! Hmmm actually NO!!!! The foods just taste good, esp. banana ice cream!!!

**If I can answer any specific question do to anyone trying the diet, hmmm let me know!!!

_All the best!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 pm 
Rabbit

Do you think you have lost much muscle mass after doing 80/10/10 for 2months? You were ripped to start... be interested to see if it can be maintained.

Cheers :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:57 pm 
Gorilla

Vegercize wrote:
Do you think you have lost much muscle mass after doing 80/10/10 for 2months? You were ripped to start... be interested to see if it can be maintained.

Cheers :D

That.

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:29 am 
Finch

Hi guys, I am new to the vegan bodybuilding site but thought I should throw in my $.02. I have been vegetarian for 11 years, vegan for 9 years, raw for 3.5, and 811 for the better part of a year. I can easily gain muscle mass on a 811 diet. I just need to consume 3000-5000 calories of fruit a day depending on my weight goals and workout regime. Organic fruit can be cheap (if you go to farmers markets and or buy in bulk). The best part is that you feel incredible every day and very high endurance levels.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:29 pm 
Gorilla

veggieprincess wrote:
Anyone considering following this, I want you to consider this... Do you want to look young, healthy and vibrant??? Following a diet with this low in fat content is very bad for your skin and over time your skin will age faster. A good dose of healthy fats throughout the day are ESSENTIAL for the health of your skin. Even more important as we age! Your body needs FATS! Healthy fats are also great for fat loss!

I just had my 43rd birthday. My skin looks awesome and I'm humbly proud of this, but it wouldn't if I was eating 10% fat for the past few years. I would start to look my age on that type of plan. I firmly believe that a Vegan diet can start to age you backwards WHEN DONE PROPERLY (healthy fats, healthy amount of protein, fruits, veggies, legumes and small quantities of grains)

Echoed. I love avocados, coconut oil, nuts and nut butters. One of my fav smoothies is 1 scoop chcoolate Vega whole meal optimizer, 3/4 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup chocolate coconut milk, and 1 TB melted coconut oil.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:31 pm 
Gorilla

VeganEssentials wrote:
THERE IS NO PERFECT DIET FOR ALL PEOPLE. NOT EVERYONE WILL ADAPT TO A SINGLE DIET THE SAME AND ACHIEVE OPTIMAL RESULTS.

+10000000000000

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Post subject: 80/10/10 diet
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:46 pm 
Finch

I agree. All fruities I've met look very aged, much older than their years.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-28.691583,153.609167

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:38 pm 
Gorilla

The 80/10/10 has to be approached the right way for it to work.

In saying thet though, it is a fantastic diet, especially for people who haven't eaten meat from birth, but from a standpoint point of view it can take others time to transition to the 80/10/10 diet, because people who have eaten meat and dairy earlier on in their life have to basically re-program, and cleanse their body while slowly making their way into the 80/10/10 diet. You don't want to shock your system too mmuch at once. So mabye go:

vegan to raw vegan (keeping the same macro ratio) and then slowly go to '80/10/10 style raw vegan'.

But with all things there will be exceptions with some people.

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:47 pm 
Manatee

I wish this diet worked for me. In theory it sounds awesome. However, I like to train, hard. I tried the 80/10/10 earlier this year and could barely get out of bed, much less pick up a weight. Everyone must find what works for them, especially vegans and even more so vegan athletes. I am impressed by those who can handle the 80/10/10 because I could not.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:43 pm 
Manatee

Paige wrote:
I wish this diet worked for me. In theory it sounds awesome. However, I like to train, hard. I tried the 80/10/10 earlier this year and could barely get out of bed, much less pick up a weight. Everyone must find what works for them, especially vegans and even more so vegan athletes. I am impressed by those who can handle the 80/10/10 because I could not.

Strange. the 80/10/10 diet is about performance. I can train 2 times a day on it and it's the only way to recover from a 2 hours judo training in a couple of hours (to train a second time). May be the fruit you ate was not sweet enough? Or you underate? It's easy to undereat on this diet because it takes a great amount of fruit to match the energy equivalence of dry food.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:50 pm 
Gorilla

Duncan_Idaho wrote:
Paige wrote:

Strange. the 80/10/10 diet is about performance. I can train 2 times a day on it and it's the only way to recover from a 2 hours judo training in a couple of hours (to train a second time). May be the fruit you ate was not sweet enough? Or you underate? It's easy to undereat on this diet because it takes a great amount of fruit to match the energy equivalence of dry food.

I've heard about people eating like 20 bananas and whatnot in a meal, insane.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:00 pm 
Manatee

Lol...they had 20 bananas, they ate them :D It often happens that I eat 5 bananas but 20...heroic :D Now the bananas are kind of unripe and a bit green. The oranges though, are cheap and tasty. I eat 3-5 in one meal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:05 pm 
Gorilla

Duncan_Idaho wrote:
Lol...they had 20 bananas, they ate them :D It often happens that I eat 5 bananas but 20...heroic :D Now the bananas are kind of unripe and a bit green. The oranges though, are cheap and tasty. I eat 3-5 in one meal.

That's me! I especially do that with clementines, almost out of them in fact. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:51 pm 
Rabbit

VeganEssentials wrote:
New World Vegan wrote:
4. Doug's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzk-jh1eemI . Hardly anyone Doug's age can do those exercises. NO other rawfood "gurus" could even remotely come close to doing that on their high fat/fruit-phobic diets.

sometimes, people become more enamored with the cult of personality behind someone who wants to prove a "superior" diet than to consider the history that got them to where they are. If someone showed me a pic of Dr. Graham from 3 years ago and I saw that he was a 300 lb. couch potato, I'd say that the diet itself may have lent a great deal to his accomplishments. However, if he was doing these same exercises 20 years ago, maintaining is very different from progressing, something to consider.

If people choose to follow the 80/10/10, that's all fine and good. However, there's still no evidence to prove it superior to anything else aside from some people saying they "feel more alive" or something of that sort, but just as well, I've seen no shortage of people who say it makes them feel like crap. Anything "perfect" does not have the option to be so drastically split for opinion, so I simply view it as anything else, a diet radical in concept that sounds somewhat healthy, but simultaneously sounds like it would make me miserable to do myself (not to mention, I know my body well enough to be aware that I'd fall apart by doing it, low fat low protein is the opposite of what I thrive on).

Best of luck to those who do it, I just prefer a little more science and a little less "religious faith" in my diet programs

I mean... I couldn't agree with you anymore

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next