sun warrior vs raw protein?

blueduckxx

I'm currently going through a tub of Warrior Food, which I believe is a product of sun warrior. It's raw, vegan, and "Truganic". It has hemp and rice protein, with some blue-green algae in there as well.

It tastes really good with some almond milk, and good with water as well.

So I think its very good protein, nutritionally and tastewise.

But personally those products are to expensive and I'd rather just get Nutribiotic* sprouted brown rice protein mixed with some hemp protein. Can get twice as much for the same price it seems.

Edited by multipass

I'm currently going through a tub of Warrior Food, which I believe is a product of sun warrior.

Warrior Food is actually by HealthForce, but there is a Warrior Blend protein by Sun Warrior that just came out last month (easy to get them confused, I have to refresh myself from time to time!)

The Warrior Food is good, but far too expensive for the little protein per serving and the few servings per container. Our slowest selling brand, I have the feeling the price is what keeps it that way. Warrior Blend has far more protein per package at a better cost, definitely the one I prefer both price and taste-wise.

When I 1st gave up meat I also gave up artificial sweeteners leaving me with a limited choice of protein shakes ( I actually run a supp shop that was full of whey shakes with art. sweeteners) although not a vegan at this stage I tried rice, pea & hemp all separately. For some reason it was only the hemp shakes that I actually looked forward to & I have stuck with it ever since. The more I research & experiment with hemp protein, the more I love it.

The UK hemp seems less gritty than some of the imports I have tried although this may not be the case now.

Stevia is going to be allowed here very soon so I expect to see some exciting new hemp products on the market although you cant go wrong with a big tub of raw, cold pressed hemp protein, imo!

When I 1st gave up meat I also gave up artificial sweeteners leaving me with a limited choice of protein shakes ( I actually run a supp shop that was full of whey shakes with art. sweeteners) although not a vegan at this stage I tried rice, pea & hemp all separately. For some reason it was only the hemp shakes that I actually looked forward to & I have stuck with it ever since. The more I research & experiment with hemp protein, the more I love it.

The UK hemp seems less gritty than some of the imports I have tried although this may not be the case now.

Stevia is going to be allowed here very soon so I expect to see some exciting new hemp products on the market although you cant go wrong with a big tub of raw, cold pressed hemp protein, imo!

Hemp rocks indeed, I'm just looking for a low fat low carb pure protein blend that tastes well. Stevia rocks!

I use hemp protein daily, and I've found that the hemp protein WITH fiber tastes like 200% better than just regular hemp protein.

I would sometimes have a hard time downing a shake of the 50% protein, whereas the 37% protein tastes great.

Before bed ill mix half hemp / half brown rice with just water.

I also like stevia, its just so sweet(like 16x sweeter than sugar) and I don't think it mixes well with hemp. But I do use the liquid extract--maybe non extracted would be better. But honestly I don't need to sweeten my protein shakes as i usually blend them with fruit and oats.

here's the 37% protein one im referring to

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012C2GFM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER