HAPPY *VEGAN* THANKSGIVING! What are you thankful for?

Baby Hercules

A warm, good feeling, Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow weight lifting vegans out there.

Strut your stuff at those family get-togethers--remember you're representing the sexy, smart people who have chosen this healthy lifestyle. No matter what the stuffy relatives say, you've accomplished so much and you're an amazing visual aid for others in the clan who may secretly be considering taking the vegan plunge. A hearty Tofurky salute to you!

If you're partying alone, like me (read: watching movies and lounging around the house in my pajamas) treat yourself to something special, anyway. A foot rub and a nap, a cup of hot cider, a little vegan junk food and a bomber of local porter, a serious flirtation out on the running track, whatever floats your boat and gets it rockin'.

Giving thanks for this website and everyone who makes it awesome,

Baby Herc

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Edited by Baby Hercules

No offense, but why celebrate a holiday that perpetuates gluttony, animal cruelty, and flagrant waste and overuse of resources?

It depends on what you celebrate, Grumpy. For everyone I know, this is a time for exchanging warm evenings with loved ones, enjoying a delicious repast of our choice, and it's--hands down--the best opportunity all year to introduce people to the delights of vegan food. Hell, even the raw fooders have a big Thanksgiving party. Everybody brings giant bowls of good stuff, platters of treats, and there are usually two or three "cakes." We join hands before eating and go around the room, each listing a few things we are thankful for. Then we stuff ourselves, not turkeys.

I'm not Christian, but I appreciate the sentiment of Christmas cards. I don't wear a watch but I still count down to New Years Eve (I use my own birthday because that's when my new year begins.) I'm not in a romantic relationship at the moment but I still smell all the roses that pop up in the stores the week before Valentine's Day. I'm not always enamored of my government but I still clap for the fireworks on the Fourth of July because I'm damned glad I live here and not someplace else. Ya gotta look for the love.

Baby Herc

Edited by Baby Hercules

Interesting. I never thought of it that way.

Hey, you of all people are a sensational example of how awesome being a vegan bodybuilder is. I've known a few guys over the years with your same situation and not one of them looked as good, had as kick-ass of an attitude, or stuck with their goals with as much success. As a matter of fact, every single one of them used their condition as an excuse not to exercise, can you believe it? What the--? I'm glad you're on our boards because I can brag about you when my friends whine about "how difficult it is to be vegan" and then direct them to your links.

Giving thanks for Cellar Yeti!

Baby Herc

How'd you all spend your Thursday off? I went for an excellent run where the sun actually peaked out for a few minutes. It felt so good! Then, I treated myself to one of those extra-long hot showers and a long stretch on the carpet. The rest of the day was divided between watching movies and eating. I had to pace myself, after all.

Now, it's time to burst back into the weight room and harass my friends for overeating yesterday with a smug, hypocritical grin on my face.

What did YOU do?

Baby Herc

I'm thankful for a lot of things, including the ability to follow my passion and make a difference in the lives of others.

The holidays are a tough time for animals, but this time of year always makes me work even harder to save lives so I find motivation and inspiration in the opportunities that lie ahead.

Happy #vegan holidays everyone!

Interesting. I never thought of it that way.

Hey, you of all people are a sensational example of how awesome being a vegan bodybuilder is. I've known a few guys over the years with your same situation and not one of them looked as good, had as kick-ass of an attitude, or stuck with their goals with as much success. As a matter of fact, every single one of them used their condition as an excuse not to exercise, can you believe it? What the--? I'm glad you're on our boards because I can brag about you when my friends whine about "how difficult it is to be vegan" and then direct them to your links.

Giving thanks for Cellar Yeti!

Baby Herc

Well aren't I just tickled pink. That is just the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. <3