Michaël's journal

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7.30 km morning run

Hi Michaël, how are you doing since your last picture in the first page? Got closer to your goal?

It's nice to find someone from Belgium (I live in Antwerp)!

Keep the good work on!

(your link in your signature isn't good btw)

Petitpois (erwtje ), my current goal is no longer gaining muscle on my upper body. i only do cardio now, just running and a little bit of bodyweight leg exercices. my goal is to get lean, get rid off my back pains and then start training with weights again and pick up fighting training again. as long as the back stays aching i don't lift any weight.

i have no clue how i can change my signature link

i live in the "provincie" Antwerp, so that's nice to find someone so close to home on this forum. do you train?

I see, do you know why you have that back pain? (I had back pain for years, I was woodworker a few years back and I didn't care much about my back at that time, well, recently after a 'bone scan' I realized I had a very light osteoporosis, nothing irreversible but still, I'm 26...).

I am training, but I am a beginner.

I run twice a week (not much, 3K for now and want to reach 5k for the end of this year).

And I train with "weight" exercises twice a week (simple stuff: chin up, push up, crunch & plank). When I'll get a little more muscular I will think about doing more of "bodybuilding-exercices", but that might be in a couple of years because I'm in bad shape.

I would also like to join a martial art in january in Brussels, but it will probably be something like aikido I think (I don't know so much what else to do, I'm not so much into "hitting" and violent contact).

What fighting training did you follow (and will you follow)?

Maybe you know it already, but there will be a vegan potluck in Antwerp city (18 dec, at 12.00).

http://www.facebook.com/events/144291812343007/?notif_t=event_invite

7.30 km morning run

3 x 10 lunges

3 x 10 squats

I see, do you know why you have that back pain? (I had back pain for years, I was woodworker a few years back and I didn't care much about my back at that time, well, recently after a 'bone scan' I realized I had a very light osteoporosis, nothing irreversible but still, I'm 26...).

I am training, but I am a beginner.

I run twice a week (not much, 3K for now and want to reach 5k for the end of this year).

And I train with "weight" exercises twice a week (simple stuff: chin up, push up, crunch & plank). When I'll get a little more muscular I will think about doing more of "bodybuilding-exercices", but that might be in a couple of years because I'm in bad shape.

I would also like to join a martial art in january in Brussels, but it will probably be something like aikido I think (I don't know so much what else to do, I'm not so much into "hitting" and violent contact).

What fighting training did you follow (and will you follow)?

Maybe you know it already, but there will be a vegan potluck in Antwerp city (18 dec, at 12.00).

http://www.facebook.com/events/144291812343007/?notif_t=event_invite

Well i'm not on Facebook so i can't open the link..is it something organised by EVA? I get their Donderdag Veggiedag e-mails weekly and haven't read something about a potluck. Good to hear you're working out also, you have to start somewhere and push your goals always further i think.

I have no idea where the back pain comes from, i plan on taking a scan in January 2012 and i hope that makes clear what's wrong.

Fight training i did consisted mainly of Systema although we use techniques from other fighting styles also.

7.50 km morning run

I went to the gym because it's rainy and windy outside. I think I will take a gym membership for the coming 4 to 5 months because the autumn/winter season isn't mild enough in Belgium to go training outdoors 3 to 4 days a week..

Just finished a big bowl of oats with macchiato flavoured soy milk, njammie.

3 x 5 pushups

i'm starting low on the pushups because i haven't done any in a long time and i don't want to be sore tomorrow.

goal is to do 100 pushups by the end of January and then building up and maintaining from there.

just had dinner:

mashed potatoes

green salad with beetroot, tomatoes and benniseeds

soy yoghurt / peanutbutter / olive oil / herb dressing

200g marinated seitan

0.5 litres water