Pregnancy and Veganism

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

blueduckxx
Rabbit

Pregnancy and Veganism

#1 Postby blueduckxx » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:55 pm

anyone here [females obviously] been pregnant?
I'd love to hear a pregnant vegans intake :)

SeaSiren
Elephant

Re: Pregnancy and Veganism

#2 Postby SeaSiren » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:53 pm

My intake was well planned and wonderful in the beginning. Followed by eating anything not tied down, a bag of carrots and a bowl of hummus did not stand a chance! :mrgreen:

blueduckxx
Rabbit

#3 Postby blueduckxx » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:57 pm

SeaSiren wrote:My intake was well planned and wonderful in the beginning. Followed by eating anything not tied down, a bag of carrots and a bowl of hummus did not stand a chance! :mrgreen:

what helped you with your intake? anything you read?

8)

Cellar Yeti
Gorilla

#4 Postby Cellar Yeti » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:57 am

I don't get why people think a fetus will burst into flames if the mother doesn't eat delicious meat, dairy, and eggs, when pregnant. I met a woman at Whole Foods once who carried two wonderful healthy children to term as a Vegan and was working on her 3rd...no flames.
Live cautiously to make it safely to death

blueduckxx
Rabbit

#5 Postby blueduckxx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 am

Cellar Yeti wrote:I don't get why people think a fetus will burst into flames if the mother doesn't eat delicious meat, dairy, and eggs, when pregnant. I met a woman at Whole Foods once who carried two wonderful healthy children to term as a Vegan and was working on her 3rd...no flames.

I certainly never thought about babies bursting into flames, lol. But it's always good to know & hear other mommies insight on the situation.

Cellar Yeti
Gorilla

#6 Postby Cellar Yeti » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:37 am

I'm not a mommy, I actually don't like kids. Sticky fingers and such. :psycho:
Live cautiously to make it safely to death

plc3
Rabbit

#7 Postby plc3 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:44 pm

My intake was the same as when I wasn't pregnant....only slightly more. I was more careful about taking my vitamins and had to take extra iron suppliment. I also drank more water. But I ate what I always ate.

Vegercize
Rabbit

#8 Postby Vegercize » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it. Our Attitude towards life determines life's attitude towards us.

ReneeMBM
Rabbit

#9 Postby ReneeMBM » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:26 am

I've got 2. No spontaneous combustion here, either. :) I tried vegan prenatal supplements but they made me nauseous. Just took B-12, occasionally omega oil. My iron dropped, but not outside of the "normal" range. My 1st talked at 4 months, the 2nd started moving at 4 months, both off-the-charts for growth due to epic vegan boobs. We make good milk, yo. :)

I suppose I should add - as above, I just ate more, not differently. Wholefoods, raw juices and smoothies and raw desserts. Mainly fruit, veg, and heaps of greens. Some grains and tempeh and tofu and seaweed. I tend towards high-carb, but occasionally stuff my face with high-protein dahl or beans. :)

Return to “General Discussion”