Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My turn. I wanna share my progress too.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:37 pm 
Rabbit

This is my "before" photo. It is actually after losing 30 pounds. Now that my son and I are working out together I am really motivated and hope to show some progress as I work towards my goal.

Plus, it kinda puts me out there so I have to work hard now. ;)

Sent from my DROID X2

Attachments:
uploadfromtaptalk1320172669442.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1320172669442.jpg [ 238.25 KiB | Viewed 3154 times ]

Post subject: Re: My turn. I wanna share my progress too.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:02 pm 
Stegosaurus

You've got a good base to work with, hope that the training and progress goes well over the coming months!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:20 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks. Me too. Truthfully, my 13 year old son is helping to motivate me. He jumped on the vegetarian train with me and wants to lift weights. I used to lift when I was in the service and hopefully I can beat those old records.

Sent from my DROID X2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 pm 
Stegosaurus

Stick with it, I'm sure you'll be better than ever in due time. I'm hoping to be stronger by the time I hit 40 in a few years than I was at my peak in my early 30s, so I know the feeling well enough of not wanting to settle for less than the best for what you can accomplish. Best of succes!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:14 pm 
Rabbit

I sure hope so. I am witnessing my family having health issues. Heart disease, diabetes, cancer, strokes, and generally feeling ill. My mother lost 70 pounds last year doing WW and my wife and I got inspired. After the wife lost 65 pounds(100 from her biggest a few years ago) and I lost a little more than 30, it is time for some changes. I KNOW I will make my goals. I spent 4 months plateaued at 190 and know that I will need to "work" for it now. I know that this site and its members will motivate me and I hope to motivate others.

Sent from my DROID X2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 pm 
Rabbit

OK. So my last week was not too good but I survived. I did all of my workouts last week except for Friday. Too much going on to get to the gym. This past week has been better. I still missed a day but I feel better about my workouts. I hope to have a better progress picture to share soon.

" Where the attitude goes, the mind goes. Where the mind goes, the body goes. Where the body goes, others will follow"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 pm 
Elephant

hellguy wrote:
" Where the attitude goes, the mind goes. Where the mind goes, the body goes. Where the body goes, others will follow"

This is awesome.

Baby Herc

Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:32 pm 
Rabbit

Thank you. It is my motto in life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:54 am 
Rabbit

OK. Several weeks into lifting again and more than two months as a vegetarian.

Recovery is faster, energy is better. My scale weight is the same, my bodyfat looks the same and my midsection isn't measuring smaller. But, my strength is returning to what it was when I stopped a couple of years ago. I hope to be back to my previous levels in another month or so. Some of you guys here are inspiring and helpful. It is that reason I feel that I should keep moving and post my progress periodically. I hope to have a good progress picture soon.

Where the attitude goes, the mind goes. Where the mind goes, the body goes. Where the body goes, others will follow.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:12 pm 
Rabbit

I started Stronglifts last week. Definitely something that is out of my comfort zone. Many of those lifts are ones I never do.

I read through the e-book. It's about 30 pages of useful information and the other 200 of sales crap about why his program is better.

No problems. Only got to do about half the week because of school but it wasn't too bad. I figure on a couple of weeks to get used to the routine and get the lifts down correctly and then it should be a good workout for me.

One more week of school before finals and I am really hoping to dedicate a good solid month to the gym. After that it gets hectic but slow progress is better than no progress.

Where the attitude goes, the mind goes. Where the mind goes, the body goes. Where the body goes, others will follow.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:38 pm 
Gorilla

Stronglifts is a good program to get you started on strength training. I've been following it for about 9 months now, although I've skipped a total of 42 workouts since then (over 3 months!) due to unrelated injury and personal reasons. I also end up missing days here or there due to my work schedule. If you can stick with it the program really does work. There are a few lifters on this board who follow or have followed the Stronglifts program. I've certainly gotten much stronger with it. I've got a journal, somewhat, here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24355

Good luck!

That's 200 solid ass-pounds! Good work buddy.
vegan_rossco, the ghost hunter wrote:
I can see how some people might mistake this as paranormal when really its just an example of your brain being an asshole

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 am 
Rabbit

Good luck on your journey, it sounds like you are doing really well so far. Just stick to it. Totally looking forward to seeing your progress :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 am 
Rabbit

Thank you. Me too. :-D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 am 
Manatee

hellguy wrote:
OK. Several weeks into lifting again and more than two months as a vegetarian. Recovery is faster, energy is better...

This is exactly what I tell people who question my vegetarianism. I'm not sure why. It just is. Maybe it's due to the fact that there are fewer chemicals in the body or the lactic acid is neutralized faster. I don't really know for sure.

Post subject: Re: Re: My turn. I wanna share my progress too.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:34 am 
Rabbit

ICanDoThis wrote:
hellguy wrote:
OK. Several weeks into lifting again and more than two months as a vegetarian. Recovery is faster, energy is better...

This is exactly what I tell people who question my vegetarianism. I'm not sure why. It just is. Maybe it's due to the fact that there are fewer chemicals in the body or the lactic acid is neutralized faster. I don't really know for sure.

My theory, and only because I have noticed a physical change, is that my body does not have to work as hard to process the animal protein. If food creates a thermalgenic effect, the effect is less than what it would be. Example, my feet always sweat a lot. No more animal protein = less thermalgenic effect = less sweat. So if I'm not processing meat, I can focus that energy elsewhere. Sounds good in my head..
or so the voices told me.

I may have it wrong but it makes sense. Poor meat eaters. Maybe we should have an intervention for them. Or every time they say they don't eat vegetables, we do what they do, "Well, what can you eat?" :=D