BlueRose's diet/exercise diary of Les Mills Combat!

P90X MC2 0 ... Studies by the Journal of Exercise Physiology Online have shown that ... Citrus biofl avonoids, Rose Hips powder (fruit), Schisandra powder (berry), Suma powder (root), Gingko powder (leaf). ... Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. ... I have also been doing Turbo Fire for 10 weeks now. ...

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I start one full round of classic P90X today with the intent of jjumping onto P90X2. I've already preordered it, and absolutely can't wait for it to show up.

Re: P90X2 - if people here want it, buy it from me and you get free shipping, two free workouts, don't pay until it ships in Dec, plus you support your fellow forum gal! Link is here: http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

Aaaanyhow...the reason why I'm switching over is because I'm all of six pounds away from my goal (and in case people were wondering, being six pounds away means I've dropped twenty-four pounds). Six. That's it. I haven't seen this weight in five years. I'm wearing jeans and other clothes I haven't worn in that long, either. It's awesome! So now here I am, weighing in at 126...and I want more awesome, lean muscle. I look WAY healthier at this weight than I did then, but I want more. More. Yes! And that's why I signed up for this lovely place to begin with.

I've also decided I want to eventually transition out of software engineering and get into fitness training and coaching full time in addition to my writing.

So! Today, Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X, tomorrow the world! MWAHAHAHAHA

Did Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X. Happy to say I could manage the first three of the classic pushups on my toes, NEVER could do that before. I've lost a bit of arm/chest strength but I'll get that back, too. Using 12 lbs instead of 15 and 15 instead of 20 isn't the end of the world, after all.

Tomorrow is Plyometrics. I'm scared. O_O

Did Plyometrics today and can I say, wow. Wow. Wow. Still sore from yesterday.

In other news, VegaSport's new chocolate saviseed protein bar is so fantastically delicious it doesn't taste like a health food thing. I'm addicted. I need to hide the box from myself or I'll eat everything in there...

Some bravery. No makeup, no sucking it in...these are my P90X starting point pics.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/Pre-P90X10-10-2011012a.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/Pre-P90X10-10-2011013a.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/Pre-P90X10-10-2011014.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy74/TeaAddictedGeek/Pre-P90X10-10-2011005a.jpg

In comparison with my previous pics, I gotta like. My waist and hips are obviously smaller and you see my obliques more. The abs aren't as visible in these shots and I'm glad I switched over from the beaucoup cardio to P90X. I need something that'll both challenge me and continue to burn away the remaining fat while gaining the muscle def I want.

I'll provide another set of pics in 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing up week 2 of round 1, phase 1 of P90X. I've been blogging faithfully about it and I'm already seeing serious fitness gains. Pushups on my toes! And more pushups on my toes! AWESOME

Delts are still on 8 lbs. I suppose that the more I work with those the better they'll get. They're definitely my weakest muscle, even my tris are on 10 lbs. Upright rows, certain bicep exercises, overhead press and such are all on 12 lbs. Certain chest/arm exercises are at 15 and some at 20.

I'm very aware that I now look thin, but I don't look *fit*. I want more muscle def. I realize that will take time, like everything....

• 1 month later...
Yo where you at? How's life?

Hey there! I'm doing awesome, but uber busy. Had to repeat week 1 of the second month of P90X, also running two fitness challenge groups and am preparing to start to send invites for the one starting in Jan. Also got major releases at work, book edits...and strangely enough am still on track for my fitness goals. It's insane. I plan to get some progress pics up at some point, not sure when.

How are you?

Haha, I'm good. I just noticed you usually keep up pretty well with the log and that you hadn't posted in awhile, so I thought I should check in. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Also, I forgot to mention...I'm finally going for it. I've signed up with ACT to start studying and go for my fitness training certification.

Good deal! No matter what happens in the end, when you look back on your life it will have been an achievement, and no one can take that away from you.

Indeed! Also looking into a plant-based nutrition certification, but that'll be a while down the road as it's NOT cheap by any means.

• 3 weeks later...

No update pics yet! I had two weeks of getting a sinus infection and recovering. I'm back into form, currently doing P90X+/P90X and the occasional TurboFire cardio workout. Give me a few more weeks and I'll have them.

Good news is that I'm mostly maintaining my weight loss. Given it's the holidays, I'm THRILLED. I've also adjusted my diet to a mostly raw one, trying to eliminate processed foods as much as possible. I can't help but notice the difference between how I feel after eating a towering salad of kale, baby spinach, hummus, alfalfa sprouts, pepita seeds, and Annie Organics goddess dressing and how I feel after chowing down on a really tasty but processed veggie meat substitute, and it's pretty profound. I will probably never be FULLY raw but I think certain foods need to be in my diet way less.

I also need to pick up some 25 lb dumbbells, the 20s are getting too light for certain exercises. In other news, I am still at 8 lbs for delt exercises so I'm thinking I need more work on those.

Today's food diary so far:

Breakfast: 1 scoop chocolate Vega whole meal optimizer, 3/4 cup mixed frozen berries, 1/2 scoop raw cacao powder, 1 cup mint chocolate soy milk.

Snack: 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch: salad consisting of kale, spring mix with herbs, alfalfa sprouts, 1/2 avocado, oil-free hummus, 2 TB Annie Organic's Goddess dressing, and diced cucumbers.

Snack: 2 handfuls of Taza chocolate covered almonds. I'm told the first handful doesn't count but the second one counts double. That gem is from my mom....

Snack: 1 tangerine and 2 mini apple pie Larabars

Dinner: A sandwich consisting of two slices of toasted Ezekiel bread, 2 chipotle lime Gardein tenders, and grilled veggies. I then had an extra two tenders with salsa.

I workout at night, no choice given my schedule. At least it's the time when I have the most energy! So no workout yet for today.

Food day so far:

Breakfast: 1 scoop chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, 1 small banana, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 scoop of raw cacao.

Snack: an orange

Lunch: the leaning tower of spring mix with herbs, kale, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, roasted salted pepita seeds, 1/2 avocado, oil free hummus, diced cucumbers, and Annie Organic's Goddess dressing.

Snack: 1/2 grapefruit, 1 tangerine, 2 mini chocolate chip cookie dough Larabars (Larabars, you are a simple tasty. how do I quit you)

Dinner: 2 steamed veggie dumplings, and mango black pepper Thai curry over steamed rice noodles with a glass of lemonade.

I got home from dinner with a friend of mine, personal drama ensued, and I was exhausted and annoyed so I ate two small chocolate chip cookies, went to bed and resolved to workout the next morning...which I did.

Today's log so far:

I did Total Body in the Ten Minute Trainer this morning, complete with the warm up and cool down. Awesome.

Food so far:

Breakfast: 1 scoop chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, 1/2 scoop raw cacao, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup mint chocolate soy milk, 1 small banana.

Snack: kale, strawberry, and apple salad with lite balsamic vinaigrette

Lunch: baby spinach, kale, diced cucumbers, oil free roasted red pepper hummus, sunflower seeds, roasted salted pepita seeds, and Annie Organics Goddess dressing.

Snack: 1/2 grapefruit

Dinner: Chipotle lime Gardein tenders with grilled veggies on toasted Ezekiel bread with guac

Edited by BlueRose

AHHH! My office is crazy, but it serves me well.

Apparently they got an edible arrangement they have in the kitchen to share. It's made up of fruit and...KALE

Someone actually watched me take off the kale, chop up the strawberries for a salad and was like...what is that stuff? I didn't know it was edible.

It's KALE. You poor, sorry, deprived people. D:

Enjoying my apple, strawberry, and kale salad with lite balsamic vinaigrette. OM NOM NOM