Forks Over Knives Convert

Rupa

Hi guys,

I've spent the past three days on this site and thought I should jump into the forums as I have a tone of questions and have been totally inspired by what I've seen here.

A little about me. I've dabbled a little with being vegetarian in my late teens/early twenty's other than that have had a mixed diet most of my life. I love being fit and have one marathon under my belt but it wasn't until I met my husband that I started learning about body building. He's a super buff guy and keeps me motivated to keep pursuing my full potential. We have have two awesome little kids together 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 which are the delight of our lives. I weight trained through both pregnancies and they turned out to be two perfectly healthy little critters.

Most recently though I've suffered from two second trimester miscarriages one right after the other. It has been a heart breaking and painful experience, as my husband and I really wanted a third child. These two were both extremely difficult pregnancies with lots of nausea and morning sickness that prevented me from working out. While recovering from the most recent miscarriage I took a one week course of doxycycline antibiotic to prevent infection and towards the end of that week I felt absolutely no desire to eat meat or dairy. I don't know if the antibiotic killed off some gut bacteria that were feasting on the meat and dairy or if it was just a coincidence, but I felt naturally inclined towards a vegan diet at that point. It's been three weeks and I've gone off animal based foods cold turkey and still have no desire to eat them. I kind of wonder if my body is saying enough is enough, I want real food. I don't blame the miscarriages on a mixed diet, I just feel like I want to only put natural unprocessed (plant) things in my body now.

Anyway after watching the Forks over Knives movie on netflix a week ago and finding this website, I'm pretty motivated to get back to my best level of health and give vegan bodybuilding my best shot.

I look forward to learning from you guys! and what a cool forum, love it!

• 3 weeks later...